Page 130 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1429

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    A friend just gifted me some double-wall glasses and they are amazing! No condensation forms on the outside of an icy cold drink, even on a hot humid day! I've always been a fan of the virtually indestructible Duralex bistro glasses, but these are the best thing ever for a cold drink on a hot day. They also are kind of pricey and look quite fragile, so hedonistic adaptation here I come!
    https://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop...wall&isx=0.0.0
    He also bought me a dozen roses, but I'll be doing three years of income tax returns for him, so he is still getting a bargain.
    Those look great!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    A friend just gifted me some double-wall glasses and they are amazing! No condensation forms on the outside of an icy cold drink, even on a hot humid day! I've always been a fan of the virtually indestructible Duralex bistro glasses, but these are the best thing ever for a cold drink on a hot day. They also are kind of pricey and look quite fragile, so hedonistic adaptation here I come!
    https://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop...wall&isx=0.0.0
    He also bought me a dozen roses, but I'll be doing three years of income tax returns for him, so he is still getting a bargain.
    Iím gonna tease you and say what is wrong with condensation on glasses exactly? I mean, is that something we have to guard against in life?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m gonna tease you and say what is wrong with condensation on glasses exactly? I mean, is that something we have to guard against in life?
    Yeah, I agree! I think there's something appealing about seeing the condensation telling you the drink is nice and icy cold.

And conversely, interesting note about the customer desired experience (n=1: me) when it comes to drinking tea. When I was at the Portland Japanese Garden I bought a beautiful tea "glass"--it was ceramic, and insulated with a little rubber top so you could put it in your car cup holder. Well, I wound up never using it. I didn't like not being able to feel the warmth of the tea in my hands when holding the cup. Wound up giving it away during The Purge.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

This is good to hear. I don’t know – did you report on the end result of the court case with your mother? I assume it came out that she cannot run her own affairs.
    We are awaiting the trial. It is a ridiculous situation.

(Which should probably go in the rant section, expect that I don't want to talk about it publicly, until it's over.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We are awaiting the trial. It is a ridiculous situation.
    Hunh, wow. Sorry to hear that still dragging on.

I know, it seems absolutely crazy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I know, it seems absolutely crazy to me.
    as an objective observer, I can view this as an example of the legal system’s respect for autonomy, respect to act for oneself and retain real freedom.

How did your mother get an attorney? She doesnt seem capable of picking up a phone and calling someone, hiring them to represent her. And isn’t she far away from where she practiced law back years ago?She wouldnt know anyone in the legal community now, would she?

as an objective observer, I can view this as an example of the legal systemís respect for autonomy, respect to act for oneself and retain real freedom.

How did your mother get an attorney? She doesnt seem capable of picking up a phone and calling someone, hiring them to represent her. And isnít she far away from where she practiced law back years ago?She wouldnt know anyone in the legal community now, would she?
    Correct; she is unable to participate in her own defense. The court appointed a lawyer for her. At this point, both attorneys are stipulating that she lacks capacity.

I’m gonna tease you and say what is wrong with condensation on glasses exactly? I mean, is that something we have to guard against in life?
    I don't like having my glass drip all over me. In the hot, humid weather, I often have a paper towel wrapped around my glass to keep it from dripping on me, the table, and the floor. It hasn't been one of the ultimate pain points of my life, but one of those nagging, mosquito-like annoyances.

Wet glasses can also slip out of one's hand. I thought the new ones looked very elegant.

Thread Information