Page 145 of 244 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2436

Thread: The Daily Rave

Have to say that I love reading about all these raves. Congrats to all for all the good things going on!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Driving home last night from Dinner Theater, no cars on the road, the misty moon was shining and then as I turned to corner to our street the clouds cleared and that wolf moon howled me home. It was the first time in many weeks that I've driven and the first time in months that I drove in the dark, so nerves are a problem. But I basked in the beauty and quiet.

Yppej
    Was out of curiosity checking to see if any of my exes died and saw the most recent one has faced 3 separate domestic assault and battery charges and was sent to jail for 90 days. He was charged with strangulation and witness intimidation and kicked the victim in the face, dragged her across the ground, pushed her to the ground and punched her in the face, and another time punched her in the face injuring her eye.

So glad as someone (Jane?) said to be rid of him, though he was never violent with me.

I'm feeling grateful and sentimental and whatever, but my rave is for the majority of people on this forum who are sooooo friendly, helpful, kind, considerate, etc. When people ask for help or post personal issues or simply just rant or rave - the majority of folks on this forum step up with help, compassion, kindness, suggestions and more. With other things going on in my life at the moment, I'm sooooo grateful for the community of special people here. Thank you all.

End of sappy rave - move on, people.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Another sappy rave -

I have this wonderful neighbour who is clearing the snow off my driveway. This is the third time in 10 days.

The garbage and recycling team for our county are working under extreme cold through heavy snow and now ice conditions. I am so grateful for these services.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Another sappy rave -

I have this wonderful neighbour who is clearing the snow off my driveway. This is the third time in 10 days.

The garbage and recycling team for our county are working under extreme cold through heavy snow and now ice conditions. I am so grateful for these services.
    Wonderful! I've learned that even a simple "thank you" goes a long way. There is a lot to be said for gratitude.

Case in point - a previous rave of mine was the car insurance fiasco. The representative was soooo wonderful, at the end of the call I asked to be connected to his supervisor. Got the supervisor's voice mail, but still left a rave for the representative! Hopefully it resulted in something beneficial for the young man.

I never used to think about doing that, but what a difference it makes for the individual actually doing the job! I will always ask for a supervisor in order to sing praises of the employee doing the actual work!

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I'm feeling grateful and sentimental and whatever, but my rave is for the majority of people on this forum who are sooooo friendly, helpful, kind, considerate, etc. When people ask for help or post personal issues or simply just rant or rave - the majority of folks on this forum step up with help, compassion, kindness, suggestions and more. With other things going on in my life at the moment, I'm sooooo grateful for the community of special people here. Thank you all.

End of sappy rave - move on, people.
    I feel the same way, Happy. This community is very important to me!

I finally got my six weeks of back unemployment pay! One of the issues which held it up was that they *thought* my self-employment kept me from looking for full-time employment. I finally got someone when I called that actually seemed to give a sh**, who wrote a detailed email to the adjudicator explaining that I was laid off from my full-time job and that I did my part-time employment up to 15 maybe hours per week (if that) in the evenings and on the weekends.

I feel a whole lot better having that money finally. I made some payments on some medical bills that I needed to do. Otherwise, I am going to keep on the lookout for the right position that works for me. I really have to be careful of keeping in mind what I am realistically physically able to do; there is a part of my brain that stills thinks I can run around and lift things and do a lot of repetitive stuff. I swear, I am my own worst enemy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I finally got my six weeks of back unemployment pay!
    WOOHOO!!! I know what even a little extra money (even an extra $100) can be like when you really need it (when unemployed).
    Trees don't grow on money

So glad I got my little under desk cycle I got a year ago. Use it in front of the TV or today I was on a Zoom call for a local shipwreck group. I didn’t need to participate so had camera and speaker on mute. Did 20.5 miles in 47 minutes. Great use of time. I’ve cancelled the gym membership. I work out 5-6 days a week. Don’t have to get home late. Can do it whenever I like. Don’t have to risk getting the plague.

Thread Information