Page 152 of 246 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2456

Thread: The Daily Rave

Can you get Peacock? I believe it's NBC's streaming channel. It's carrying the games.
    https://www.peacocktv.com/?cid=20200...7&gclsrc=3p.ds

We spent years trying to get access to tv via antenna and we live right downtown in a big city. Finally figured it out and (even though I have no idea how it works) hubby can record all kinds of local channels and we can get the news. I dont watch local shows without recording because I cannot stand the commercials. Even the local news is hard to watch. So much easier to just check what is written online without commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Can you get Peacock? I believe it's NBC's streaming channel. It's carrying the games.
    Actually, I do have the free version of Peacock, but it is only allowing access to the Olympics with the Premium plan. But thanks for the suggestion!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My rave for today is about what happened yesterday. Went to a new vet (had only gone once before) and had a fantastic experience. Vet spent time talking to me and I didn't feel like she was just trying to rush me out the door. Everyone was very kind to my cat and seemed to care about why he was there (aggression towards other cat in house). They didn't try to upsell me a bunch of stuff and even saved me another trip to the vet by having the prescription delivered to the house instead of making me go pick it up in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    My rave for today is about what happened yesterday. Went to a new vet (had only gone once before) and had a fantastic experience. Vet spent time talking to me and I didn't feel like she was just trying to rush me out the door. Everyone was very kind to my cat and seemed to care about why he was there (aggression towards other cat in house). They didn't try to upsell me a bunch of stuff and even saved me another trip to the vet by having the prescription delivered to the house instead of making me go pick it up in a few days.
    What drug are you getting for your cat? I am out of the loop entirely on cat medication these days. My last cat died two years ago. I am getting the bug to get another cat. We will have a cat or two in Hermann.

My dog takes anxiety medicine for long rides in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    What drug are you getting for your cat? I am out of the loop entirely on cat medication these days. My last cat died two years ago. I am getting the bug to get another cat. We will have a cat or two in Hermann.

My dog takes anxiety medicine for long rides in the car.
    Amitriptyline HCL

Yppej
    The state mask mandate for schools was lifted effective the end of the month. The Board of Health said they would remove the City mandate when this happens but I don't trust them. They have changed the metrics for lifting it at least 6 times. One idea was keep it in place "in case we get another variant". Yeah, we could get another variant - in 10 years, or 50, or 100.

Anyways, at least there is growing momentum to repeal these mandates. I see two hurdles - first the City mandate, and then even if that is repealed the Library Director could put her own mandate in place. Aluta continua.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Actually, I do have the free version of Peacock, but it is only allowing access to the Olympics with the Premium plan. But thanks for the suggestion!
    I might upgrade to the premium plan for a month, if that's possible.

A local sportscaster was interviewed on a radio show I listen to. He talked about the extreme controls on any footage from the Olympics. It’s not just NBC’s strictures, it is International Olympic committee rules. Local news can’t even show a brief clip. If they have a local athlete doing well at Olympics, they may not show video of their hometown hero. They can only show a still photo.

What a crock of shtz. But as a Capitalist I should support their contractual agreements and not watch illegal clips on YouTube, but I dont.

This guy postulated international Olympic committee was shooting itself in the foot because the Olympics are not being promoted appropriately through video (It is a visual activity, one with movement so it can only be adequately represented in video) therefore their audience is shrinking and people don’t pay attention.

I think he’s right.

mask mandate
    I don't see masks being worn much here anymore so it's sort of a non-issue. I have started thinking of them like hats - if you want to wear one, do so. Even still I wear one when shopping out of respect to the store personnel who have to wear them all day.

Thread Information