Page 167 of 173 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1721

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Wow that’s a lot of money for Tupperware. Until 10 years ago I was still using it from the 80’s but then read that the plastic was toxic so threw it away.
    Almost all of mine was from 1975-1985; anything before 1990 is considered “vintage.” People collect the stuff (apparently most don’t actually use it), and they paid me more per piece than I paid for it new- and it wasn’t cheap then! Shocking, really!

So glad I thought to check- I almost just took it all to the thrift store without even going through the bins. This morning I sold those huge bins (the biggest I’ve ever seen) to my neighbor for $50. He got a great deal and I got my space back. Pretty sure my brother dumped those on me, he’s forever telling me I’m “too frugal” and insisting I accept Large Items, LOL, I’ve sold and gifted lots of things he’s left here.

Wow, good for you!! I would love to know what the collectibles are! I certainly had my share of Tupperware.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow, good for you!! I would love to know what the collectibles are!
    Dustcatchers, LOL

Rave for friends and vacations! Just got back from a week on the beach down south. Stayed with some fabulous friends and had a great time. (Actually took a banana boat ride!!! LOL). Hope everyone gets a chance to "get away" if they want and are able.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My vacation started great in Ireland with a friend of mine from high school. However, halfway through the trip I got Covid and told the tour guide. I got left behind in a rural hotel. The tour company cancelled my flight home and I had to quarantine for 8 days. It was stressful because I didn’t have my flight information until 2 days before I left and a driver secured until a day before. I was 4.5 hours from Dublin. Many others on the bus were sick but kept it to themselves because of what happened to me. I didn’t have Covid upon arrival so caught it from someone.

It was supposed to be a 11 day tour but you lose a day and a half to travel each way so really 8 days of sightseeing and I had 4.I will get a partial credit for another tour. I will find out next week how much of a credit. Ireland doesn’t have any restrictions but just guidelines. Unfortunately the county I got sick in had guidelines of 8 days in isolation instead of 5 like most of the country. It cost 5k but the travel company spent about 4 k between putting me up in a hotel, food, private driver to Dublin and airfare home. I booked with them because of their Covid promise and I also took the best travel insurance. Glad you had a good time Happy!!

Is this a rave or a rant? Who knows. Haha.

Yesterday I hatched a plan to move all of the orange daylilies that still live here in our Hermann Gardens to a place in our yard where it cannot be mowed. It’s too high of a hill and we’re not gonna mow it.

so, I asked myself, what would live there that won’t cost any money and that I simply won’t care about? And it occurred to me – those godawtul stupid FKING orange daylilies. I hate them. Roundup will not kill them. The deer eat all the flowers off so I never see any flowers even. But you know what? Their foliage will keep weeds down and I could dive in between any plants and hit weeds with Roundup because it’s not gonna hurt the stupid daylilies.

This might be a rave or a rant, but I will tell you that it is Personally embarrassing because I’ve said many times I will never plant orange daylilies. They’re the devil spawn. Nope, I would never ever in 1 million years plant those stupid FKING things.

You would think at my advanced age I would learn to never say “Never.”

Haha! I don't know what you have against daylilies, but the deer do love them. Their foliage is pretty dense and will definitely help keep the weeds down, so I think you're making a good decision! And good for them for being resistant to that FKIG Roundup!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

I found an artist who will apply for a grant to put art in one of our city marks to honor those of us who successfully fought to free the people from covid mandates. Wish him luck!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Haha! I don't know what you have against daylilies, but the deer do love them. Their foliage is pretty dense and will definitely help keep the weeds down, so I think you're making a good decision! And good for them for being resistant to that FKIG Roundup!
    Hemerocallis fulva are invasive everywhere in the United States. They are native to Asia.

I will admit that drifts of them CAN look fine when in full flower, but it is ridiculous to me that people actually dig them up and try to give them away. What a waste of labor.Our local plant exchange will not accept them.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hemerocallis fulva are invasive everywhere in the United States. They are native to Asia.

I will admit that drifts of them CAN look fine when in full flower, but it is ridiculous to me that people actually dig them up and try to give them away. What a waste of labor.Our local plant exchange will not accept them.
    Hmm.. I didn't realize they were not native, and in fact considered invasive. I was going to suggest to you a variety of milkweed to plant instead (I grow Asclepius incarnata), and here Asclepius tuberose recommended as an alternative to day lilies.

https://www.gardenia.net/guide/nativ...rocallis-fulva

Thanks for the education

Thread Information