Page 199 of 245 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 2446

Thread: The Daily Rave

Tradd: Good luck with WW--I have also heard great things. They're always on the top of the list for the most effective weight loss program

IL: We are frequent grocery shoppers. Because DH is usually the one to go to the local places, we probably do spend more than we should. He's definitely an impulse buyer. Plus, our local stores are less expensive than convenience stores, but more expensive than chain supermarkets, so it's probably not the cheapest way to go.

However, I remember being a kid at the beach cottage and my aunt and grandmother and I went "uptown" (Main Street was only 5 minutes away) every other day. The refrigerator was never full. We ate what we had and then went to the stores. My aunt was a very simple, disciplined shopper and chef. Up here, I think of her often and I actually like the idea of small, more frequent shopping trips.

We go off the island twice a month to get the things that we like that we just can get here, plus the things that might be on sale that week.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Our big freezer went out and we are now doing more careful shopping for fresh. Means more trips but probably better and less processed foods. So we have decided to not replace the freezer for awhile. My rule is to never go down the aisles unless i need a very specific thing. Aisles are bad. So we try to shop around the edge of the stores for produce, meat, dairy, eggs, etc.

Tradd, WW is excellent and a healthy way to lose weight. They are very into balance in eating and exercise.

Sweetssna, I’ve got my Apple Watch tied into the WW app and they give you points for exercise or steps. I have a smart scale already that doesn’t tie into the WW app, but I just manually enter the numbers into WW app. I love I can scan bar codes at the grocery store and get points. I’ll be doing that on Saturday. Breakfast is my big thing. I’ve eaten one from the grocery store for years daily and it’s a lot of points. 8 when my daily is 23 (without added points from movement). Maybe I’ll do a half.

When I’m serious about losing weight, I do jump onto the weight watchers program. It is now rebranded as “WW “but it’s still Weight Watchers.

The company is a bit annoying to me because every couple years they switch things up and I’m not sure that the changes are much of an improvement. But the basic ideas remain the same, using “points” as a short hand to count calories, and the points take into account some psychology as well. Exercise. Portion control. Those are the keys to success.

I count calories which is similar to WW. I eat 1600 day to maintain plus I exercise 4-5 times a week. Good luck Tradd.,

Down 3lbs. Biggest changes are going to no-fat yogurt and skim milk. I’d been eating a lot of whole milk yogurt and low fat milk. Now half a Thomas’ bagel for breakfast daily. Love sandwiches so I got some lower cal bread to try. Not doing a lot of fake food as some people do. I can’t do artificial sweeteners at all. Very bad reaction. I can drink black tea without sugar but I need something milky in there. Powdered creamer to the rescue.

Tradd: Do you ever drink tea with lemon? I drank it with cream for years and years, but now I prefer it with lemon, or if that isn't available, with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tradd: Do you ever drink tea with lemon? I drank it with cream for years and years, but now I prefer it with lemon, or if that isn't available, with nothing.
    I dislike lemon in beverages except for ice tea or lemonade.

Still down 4lbs even though it was my birthday yesterday and I indulged some. Work had apple pie instead of cake. I was asked what I wanted. I just wish it would be sunny some. Very cloudy all winter and it’s still cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Still down 4lbs even though it was my birthday yesterday and I indulged some. Work had apple pie instead of cake. I was asked what I wanted. I just wish it would be sunny some. Very cloudy all winter and it’s still cloudy.
    Happy Belated Birthday!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information