Page 2 of 244 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Geila
    Thanks for changing the title Iris Lily!

And thank you to everyone who's participated too. It's a pleasure to read everyone's raves and the lovely conversations that develop from them.

I like the title change!
    A nice surprise - all kinds of bulbs have started growing in my new yard! Some yellow crocuses have bloomed and I can't wait to see what else will come up.
    Also, a mystery shrub turns out to be a quince; I just love the color of the blossoms.

Maybe it's a false spring - it's sure pretty.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

50 degrees here and I have a 5 hour drive. Every year I pray that there will be no blizzard, ice storm or other disaster on this driving day. Looking good for a safe time.

I am going to a retreat with no internet, no radio, no TV, good food, and 25 wonderful women.

Geila
    Enjoying our weekend of much needed rain. I think it's the first rain of the year here. Have had the whole house opened up and enjoying the fresh air blowing thru.

Rave - yesterday we had very light rain and misting alternating with bursts of bright sunshine. Instead of giving in to the temptation of staying inside, we all spent most of the day outside enjoying the rain in the garden. The misty weather was great for us working in the garden and for the pups playing. Whenever a little rain shower came by, my little boxer girl and I ran under the patio umbrella and rode it out as they only lasted a few minutes. The showers didn't bother Dh or my little fluffy puppy boy at all, they just went on about their business.

Sweetana - the retreat sounds very relaxing.

Rainbows everywhere! There was a triple rainbow, just looking out our front window yesterday. I love the views here in Ashland, and the ever-changing sky.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Two years ago SO planted some gorgeous red flowers in a window box that's been sitting on our deck since then. We had rain off and on from Thursday through Saturday night. Apparently they were perennials because sunday that box had 5 of those brilliant red flowers blooming like mad. Such a fun surprise to look out and see them.

Geila
    jp1 - that sounds wonferful! Especially that they're red in the middle of winter.

Yesterday I dropped off a bunch of stuff to our neighborhood Goodwill. I feel so happy knowing that these items, which were no longer being used, will have the chance to bring enjoyment to someone else. May they live long and prosper!

This is a rant turned into a rave ~ the court accepted my request for postponement of jury duty. my awesome Western road trip is ON!

I am finally saying a not-at-all fond farewell to my cell phone company. Bundling cell and internet had given us a $10 discount, losing that was the only unfortunate part about the breakup. After much patience and way more politeness than I'm usually known for, the internet provider came up with a discount that saves me $20 off the cost of the internet service instead of the $10 I was getting before. So not only did I give Verizon the boot and save myself about $50 a month, I'm saving an extra $10 because of it.

Called internet provider 2x to get them to lower the rate and said I was going to check where else to get service. Called back again and they had me transferred to the resolution desk. They lowered the bill $30/month. It still is high but can live with it. Guess they realized I was serious about quitting!

Thread Information