Page 20 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

I went to an event last night that was wonderful. A fundraiser for an organization I work for that provides mindfulness outreach for homeless youth. There was a screening of the short documentary and talks by lots of great people. I brought my friend, a Buddhist nun, with me and we had a lot of fun.

Contentment = a full belly from my clean-out-the-refrigerator chicken & pasta dish cooked in my electric frying pan, being comfy in my cozy tiny home, playing guitar during my "working hours" behind the counter, listening to soul-wrenching blues on the Ronnie Earl Pandora channel and a couple of sterling silver pendents to work on. My old life seems very far away and it's barely been two months!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Contentment = a full belly from my clean-out-the-refrigerator chicken & pasta dish cooked in my electric frying pan, being comfy in my cozy tiny home, playing guitar during my "working hours" behind the counter, listening to soul-wrenching blues on the Ronnie Earl Pandora channel and a couple of sterling silver pendents to work on. My old life seems very far away and it's barely been two months!
    So glad! And your feet snd bones dont hurt from being on concrete for 8 hours.

It is a different life you hsve there now, that's for sure.

a beautiful snowy day that I had to go out in, it was so pretty I didn't mind a bit. Too bad my dad waited and bought a huge pot of mums two weeks ago, lol. Maybe they'll make it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Contentment My old life seems very far away and it's barely been two months!
    I am happy to hear this

SiouzQ< I have been waiting to hear how great your choice you made was! Thanks for posting.

You are really an inspiration for those of us that often feel caught up in a rat race of our own making. You are showing us another way to think of life. Thought of you when we went in Whole Foods yesterday.

a wonderful night's sleep to wake up to Bernice (my dog, lol) in her winter sleep pose, all curled up in a tight ball. She opened her eyes and just looked at me a while and then the tail started wagging. Who needs a man???

I'm feeling proud of myself. I have been feeling very down recently and it's been hard going through a lot whilst feeling very alone where I live. I moved over here just over a year ago but with work, my daughter and various other things I have found it hard to get out and meet new people. I mean I know people through work but I don't really know anyone outside of work. I looked on meetup.com which has helped me loads in the past when I've moved to a new area but there really wasn't anything I was interested in. One of the problems with where I live is that it is a huge retirement location, people move here when they're in their 60s plus so most activities seem to be set up for that age group during working hours. So, I bit the bullet a few days ago and set up my own group where I was very honest and talked about it bringing people who are feeling lonely in their younger years together, I admit I was a little worried no-one would sign up or reply. BUT....in less than 24hours over 30 people had signed up and I had a load of messages from people saying they felt the same as what I had wrote! I am just back from meeting one of them for coffee and it was wonderful, we now also have a cinema date set up with a bigger group of us and loads of ideas. I might actually start having a social life that isn't just on the internet, talking to my SO or going on playdates with 7-year olds

That is great green, it is a hard period of life to make new friends! So easy to get lonely,

Thread Information