Page 233 of 248 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2480

Thread: The Daily Rave

DH is finally putting a top coat of paint on our hallways, downstairs and upstairs. He has been working on the hallways for months now. He goes around muttering “ 11 doorways! 11 doorways!” He means he has had to spend so much time on the trim for each one of these doors, and then actually hang and paint the doors.

We replicated the doors that were originally in this house in 1941 so it looks very cute and original. They are two panel doors.

Anyway – my rave for the day is the top coat of color is bland, a color of heavy cream, but it’s so soft and pretty. It’s just very cottage-y! This morning I viewed it next to the light blue of the cottage bathroom and honestly it’s so cute. This house is so damn cute.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 11-3-23 at 2:27pm.
    I am not a serious person.

That sounds lovely!

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    Not only is it Friday but it's "end of the month" Friday which means it's time to deep clean the house and take down some of the September's seasonal decor and put up my Halloween decor. Since I don't have a ton of Halloween decor, I keep most of my Fall decor up and just add little touches of Halloween decor to it.
    Another deep clean has begun. I switched things up though. Normally on Friday, I deep clean my boys' bathroom, the hallway leading to that bathroom, the linen closet door, and my boys' bedroom doors. Tonight, I started in my bathroom and got that deep cleaned as well as my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    DH is finally putting a top coat of paint on our hallways, downstairs and upstairs. He has been working on the hallways for months now. He goes around muttering “ 11 doorways! 11 doorways!” He means he has had to spend so much time on the trim for each one of these doors, and then actually hang and paint the doors.

We replicated the doors that were originally in this house in 1941 so it looks very cute and original. They are two panel doors.

Anyway – my rave for the day is the top coat of color is bland, a color of heavy cream, but it’s so soft and pretty. It’s just very cottage-y! This morning I viewed it next to the light blue of the cottage bathroom and honestly it’s so cute. This house is so damn cute.
    Cream is a lovely color.

I had a lazy weekend, but also a productive one. Got all my bedding and towels washed. Kitchen is clean. Bathroom is clean. I have to remember that the bathroom is so much easier if I do it weekly. I’d rather read than do housework!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I had a lazy weekend, but also a productive one. Got all my bedding and towels washed. Kitchen is clean. Bathroom is clean. I have to remember that the bathroom is so much easier if I do it weekly. I’d rather read than do housework!

Me too… I used to clean for 30 minutes to 1 hour and read for 30 minutes as a reward. I set a timer. It worked well. Lately there has been too little time for reading though.

Not sure if this is a rave or a rant… I have 9 things coming next week! I have been spending money hand over fist trying to get our place completely fixed and decorated. My goal is to have everything done by the end of the month. Everyone is telling me there is plenty of time. I hate shopping and just want it over with. Will call next week to see if I can get a few rooms painted. We were going to do it ourselves but decided to make it our anniversary present. I will be so happy to have everything done and get our lives back to some semblance of normal. It bothers me to have disarray.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Me too… I used to clean for 30 minutes to 1 hour and read for 30 minutes as a reward. I set a timer. It worked well. Lately there has been too little time for reading though.

Not sure if this is a rave or a rant… I have 9 things coming next week! I have been spending money hand over fist trying to get our place completely fixed and decorated. My goal is to have everything done by the end of the month. Everyone is telling me there is plenty of time. I hate shopping and just want it over with. Will call next week to see if I can get a few rooms painted. We were going to do it ourselves but decided to make it our anniversary present. I will be so happy to have everything done and get our lives back to some semblance of normal. It bothers me to have disarray.
    I’ve done a ton of decluttering over the last few months so I have a lot more space than I used to.

I spent last night and this afternoon after church reading a fabulous new book. Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yannos. Fantasy, with dragons! Very different than Anne McCaffrey’s Dragonriders of Pern, though. The next book, Iron Flame, comes out Tuesday! Thank goodness for Kindle versions. Talk about instant gratification! Anyway. Fourth Wing is incredibly gripping. I’m in the third chapter on a re-read! Yes, on the same day I finished the first read.

frugal, the redo sounds great. Please post photos, if possible, when you’re done.

Frugal, I am also bothered by disarray. I am slowly trying to get this place in better shape since we moved here under duress, in such a panic, and then spent the last three years dealing with my parents. I am going at it slowly, but trying to improve something every day.

This is not a rave, but it’s just a daily report.

For the first time in my life, I’m playing with liquid starch. I have napkins and placemats to starch. We shall see how that pans out.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information