Page 26 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Great butterfly photo on Bing.

Lovely weather and a walk at the park.

Lots to watch on tv tonight!

Yppej
    A staffing agency let me study and retake Excel skills tests. I went from 86% to 100% normal user and 10% to 96% power user. This should help me find work.

Went to a library event with Bill Bryson speaking. He was great, funny, enjoyable. Free.

Yppej
    I went to one of my alma maters to update my last name so it will match what is on my job applications. Spoke with the placement person. She is only supposed to help currently enrolled students but gave me some pointers anyways, told me about a job fair that alumni may also attend, and gave me her business card for follow up next month.

Yppej
    Went to a seminar my ex-employer did not cancel and get a refund on although I no longer work there. I met the CEO of a staffing agency who may be able to find a position for me.

Hooray for aloe vera. A nasty little kitchen burn was greatly helped by an immediate application of cold water and fresh aloe vera juice. Have had my 2 aloe plants for years and never used them until yesterday's incident. Really works!

Yppej
    Central heat as the temperatures dip below zero for the second night in a row. I have cut and split wood by hand before and do not romanticize the olden days of constantly feeding a fireplace or wood stove.

Pi Day aka Pie Day! had both a slice of pizza pie and later a small piece of peach pie. All in. Brought in tiny dessert pies for my co-workers who loved it. Started a new tradition in our office for 3.14 next year.

I got outside for a short walk at lunch today after feeling housebound all week. There were a couple of people playing violins in the atrium of my office building as I passed through. I saw Blanco the white squirrel in the park, and a beautiful hawk (fortunately not too close to each other). It was a pleasant little interlude and I really enjoyed it.

Yppej
    For the first time I got called for a second interview, so I guess my self-presentation skills are getting better.

Thread Information