Page 31 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Yppej
    Entertainment free except for the gas to get there. I climbed a mountain today that the state has not slapped an admission fee on. Though at one point I thought it would be worth a small charge to not have to pee in the bushes.

Trail in the the city, I can get 2.25 mile loops done in the wonderful woods and river area.

Yppej
    My first full week post-training and my coworkers are all helpful. Two hours a day commuting is still a drag, but I had an evening interview at an organization in the same city I live in, at a place I applied to before I accepted the new job. I will see if anything comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    We are now in my favorite part of the year, April-July. It is glorious. I am free all day, every day. Even though I am old, all of my parts work well and if I do not look in the mirror, I can almost feel like ten year old me at the beginning of summer vacation. Only, I get to drive! An added bonus.

Today my house and dogs are (relatively) clean, everyone is healthy. 9/10 of my gardens are weeded. Iris are just starting to bloom. It is a great time!
    I so agree! Spring is my favorite season. And I also agree with your take on your age. I feel the same way!! I love being older. I tell the kids all the time "I'm Glad I'm Not Young Anymore" (sometimes I sing it a la Maurice Chevalier). If I could only de-sag myself I think life would be perfect!

Just want to say that I rarely read this thread, but I have thoroughly enjoyed going back several pages to hear everyone's "raves." That gratitude is contagious.

SiouzQ, Yes, please do share your abode re-do! I have loved being on this journey with you.

And in closing:

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Day One of Retirement and the verdict is: It's great!
    Sat in the coffee shop early this a.m. watching customers grab their to-go orders and hustle out the door to go to work and thought how grateful I am that it's not me! Did some weeding in the yard this a.m. then realized there's no need to rush, have plenty of time to do all of this stuff tomorrow and tomorrow ..

Lainey, Good for you!! Enjoy as you worked for it! I hope you are like many that can say "I don't know how I had time to work".

Michigan in the spring, a beautiful day for sure.

Have to add one more, our neighborhood as a litter of Fox. SO great to see them.

I just met our new next door neighbors. We won the neighbor lottery. The wife is on the board of our favorite animal charity and has already suggested we swap pet care duties for each other. Quality animal lovers, hooray. They are active and already have plans to make improvements and asked for anyone we could recommend.

Congrats Lainey!!! Welcome to a wonderful world of doing WHAT you want WHEN you want.

Thread Information