Page 32 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Day One of Retirement and the verdict is: It's great!
    Sat in the coffee shop early this a.m. watching customers grab their to-go orders and hustle out the door to go to work and thought how grateful I am that it's not me! Did some weeding in the yard this a.m. then realized there's no need to rush, have plenty of time to do all of this stuff tomorrow and tomorrow ..
    That is great news! May is such a beautiful month. i remember my first week of retirement in mid April, the westher cooperated beautifully that week and really, the entire summer.

IMG_0122.jpgThere are no flower arrangements better than a spring basket! Every year I forget how perfect they are.I made several May baskets and a couple of "Wild Garden" designs for a fundraiser. I didnt have to buy any plant material, all items are from my garden.

IMG_0146.jpg

Congratulations, Lainey! Love the arrangements, IL.

Yppej
    So happy for you Lainey.

Beautiful arrangement IL!!!

I retired in the Spring too--twenty-three years ago. One of the happiest days of my life--congratulations! Enjoy it to the fullest!

A rave from yesterday: the doctor's office called to say the portion of the bill I owed was only $15, not $92, due to another readjustment from my insurance.
    I had left my HSA card number with them so they asked permission to run the card for the lower amount. Heck yes. I also thanked her for letting me know, because they could have ran it for the higher amount and it's unlikely I'd have figured that out.
    (as everyone knows, even 2-3 office visits can cause multiple billings with Lab, Office visit, Doctor charge, etc.) Thank goodness for honest people.

Lainey, that's a definite rave!

Yppej
    My dad, who has always had my back. We are going to a new nature center for Father's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    A rave from yesterday: the doctor's office called to say the portion of the bill I owed was only $15, not $92, due to another readjustment from my insurance.
    I had left my HSA card number with them so they asked permission to run the card for the lower amount. Heck yes. I also thanked her for letting me know, because they could have ran it for the higher amount and it's unlikely I'd have figured that out.
    (as everyone knows, even 2-3 office visits can cause multiple billings with Lab, Office visit, Doctor charge, etc.) Thank goodness for honest people.
    Gee, yesterday I paid a bill online for the doctor for $813 and then I went to the mailbox and pulled out an insurance-adjusted bill for only $205!! I'm going to call them first thing Monday and hopefully I'll get a refund or a credit without a hassle!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information