Page 39 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Yppej
    Lainey, my joy is free yard waste pickup, which starts Monday and runs through the end of November. It is so good to get rid of yard clutter.

I love Halo Top Vanilla Bean ice cream! One serving is only 60 calories! It is high in protein.

i have tried other low cal ice cream and it is drek. This is the real deal.

We had a family potluck in our program and it was super fun. And people loved my BBQ tempeh!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I love Halo Top Vanilla Bean ice cream!
    I finally tried Halo Top as a dessert for dinner I served to friends (different flavor, though). It was good, without the airiness and gumminess I've come to expect from lower-calorie ice creams. But I thought it was a little grainy. I wonder if our pint had become a little thawed and refrozen at some point. I'll try it again, though.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I finally tried Halo Top as a dessert for dinner I served to friends (different flavor, though). It was good, without the airiness and gumminess I've come to expect from lower-calorie ice creams. But I thought it was a little grainy. I wonder if our pint had become a little thawed and refrozen at some point. I'll try it again, though.
    I think
    vanilla Bean is their strongest product, and is also the lowest calorie one. I've tried Pistachio and Chocolate and they are OK but not as good.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-21-17 at 1:16pm.

I caught my first trout today. A Rainbow Trout 12 inches, on Rainbow Lake with Rainbow colored and glittery Power Bait!!!!! I started fishing at 65 when the license is only $5- husband has been a fisherman all his life. He was so excited as we've been doing some fishing together. He wanted me to catch a trout. So he baited the hook because he had the gloves on to keep the smell of the bait off his hands, he took it off the hook and cleaned it! But I cast and caught it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post

I caught my first trout today. A Rainbow Trout 12 inches, on Rainbow Lake with Rainbow colored and glittery Power Bait!!!!! I started fishing at 65 when the license is only $5- husband has been a fisherman all his life. He was so excited as we've been doing some fishing together. He wanted me to catch a trout. So he baited the hook because he had the gloves on to keep the smell of the bait off his hands, he took it off the hook and cleaned it! But I cast and caught it!!!
    Way to go!!!!!!

Williamsmith
    Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post

nswef...that is awesome. I remember the very first rainbow trout I caught as a child. Have to tell the story some time but my excitement couldn’t be shared.....I was somewhere I wasn’t supposed to be. Haha!

Neat, nswef! I've only caught one fish in my life (okay, I've gone fishing only three times). But it is a thrill!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Congratulations!

Thread Information