Page 41 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

I love that idea, William--very cool, I'd like to get a card like that.

Lowes has tulip bulbs at 75% off!

Just played viola for the first time today--what a wonderful instrument, with such a beautiful range--like having a little cello on my shoulder. I am hooked!!
    Now to learn that darned alto cleff.

A young relative recently got an engineering degree and even more recently was hired by Intel. An older relative is recovering from a recent stroke (they run in the family, unfortunately). And a friend's daughter got her home base assignment from Alaska Airlines--Portland, hurray! And everyone is safely at home after snow and ice hit in time for Christmas. I can dial back the worry wheel for a bit.

Yppej
    I moved to a new cubicle today. It is much warmer and I am amongst the higher and not the lowest common denominator crowd now.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A young relative recently got an engineering degree and even more recently was hired by Intel. An older relative is recovering from a recent stroke (they run in the family, unfortunately). And a friend's daughter got her home base assignment from Alaska Airlines--Portland, hurray! And everyone is safely at home after snow and ice hit in time for Christmas. I can dial back the worry wheel for a bit.
    That all sounds good. It is a good thing when those in our sphere are well.

A young relative recently got an engineering degree and even more recently was hired by Intel.
    Super! My brother has had a wonderful career with Intel. Which office will he work from? My brother is based outside of Portland but spends a lot of time in AZ and CA and international.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    and not the lowest common denominator crowd now.
    Is there that much of a dividing line?
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Super! My brother has had a wonderful career with Intel. Which office will he work from? My brother is based outside of Portland but spends a lot of time in AZ and CA and international.
    I'm guessing Beaverton, my erstwhile home. His father retired from Intel a few years back. I like the sound of "wonderful."

I like the sound of "wonderful."
    Wonderful but not without stress. I know in some of the departments they work really hard on a new project, the big deciders decide they don't like the direction of the new project, they'll go through and layoff the whole department. Tell him to make as many friends as possible in a variety of departments. Leads will pull who they like to form a new department.

Thread Information