Page 47 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Yppej
    I asked a worker in Home Depot where sonething was. I had the used up package as a sample. He did not know but scanned the SKU with his smart phone and was able to tell me the aisle and bin!

My very fine but straight hair is really struggling with the high humidity. Mousse mixed with sweat is just gummy. I went into a Shoppers Drug Mart looking for an alternative shampoo and conditioner to avoid the mousse. Found Nexxus for fine hair and it doesn't coat the hair shaft. Hair looked so much better today, all day.

The rave is that the staff was very helpful, the (quite pricey) product worked, it was 20% off for Seniors Day and when I went online to price compare, nothing could match the price I paid. Even Amazon was a couple of $$ more. Yay!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I had a nice random interaction shopping, I tend to be so self contained that often people barely notice me. It was nice to have this friendliness in the middle of shopping

Waking up to light rain showers. They're not expected to last, but it's a nice respite from the extreme heat we're getting this week.

A blissful 41 outside cooling the cabin down to 64 inside (no AC here). It was 76 when I went to bed at 915 last night. Today only going to 84! Wohoo!!!

A wild turkey hen and 4 little ones sauntering up the lane next to my porch this morning delighted me.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    A wild turkey hen and 4 little ones sauntering up the lane next to my porch this morning delighted me.
    Awww, I can picture that!

I have been considering different approaches to cleaning my engineered wood flooring. I use Boni cleaner and a swivel type of mop frequently after vacuuming but some spots need more - around the kitchen and dog eating areas and where he snoozes on his mat on the floor at the foot of my bed. The hand and knees approach was not very appealing. I have read about the stream cleaners but it is one more tool to have around and I am not sure if the tool is hard on the flooring.

A brain wave struck - I have a kneeling garden stool https://www.homedepot.com/p/Bosmere-...-205800383-_-N like this. I put some tape on the parts that would rest on the floor and happily cleaned the areas that needed extra attention, getting up and down with ease.
    So I got the job done, didn't spend any money and it was easy to do.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Good for you Razz.

A well-made and flattering bathing suit. Finally figured out after all these years that it pays to spend a little extra money to get something like this. I got a one-piece that originally retailed for $89 on sale for half-price. In the past I'd never have spent over $50 on a swimsuit so I never even tried on anything like this but the difference is amazing.
    And I'm a 2x/week dog-paddler, not a Serious Swimmer, so I an only imagine what the very expensive bathing suits are like but this is such a step up for me I had to post to recommend it.

Thread Information