Page 51 of 244 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We are in Pittsburgh of all places and have found the most wonderful architectural gems. The enormous stained glass windows in the Heinz Chapel that represent world civilization and are 50% women in history are unique. The Cathedral for Learning and its Nationality classrooms are also special. I never thought I would say that I have to come back to Pittsburgh.
    Pittsburgh and nBaltimore have architecture very much like St. Louis. I will bet there are clones of my house in both cities. For that reason, I have wanted to visit Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh had some beautiful churches- even in the suburbs- when I was growing up. Lots of stained glass and superb stonework. Pgh.Plate Glass "cathedral" is new and beautiful. The inclines, too! The aviary, Phipps conservatory and all the libraries. I haven't been back since 1990...lots of changes for the good I think.

IL, I never thought of St. Louis having similar architecture to Pgh. and Baltimore. Pgh. and Baltimore even have similar speech patterns. I assumed it was that they had the same immigrant groups settling-lots of Italians, Czech, Hungarian craftspeople.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    IL, I never thought of St. Louis having similar architecture to Pgh. and Baltimore. Pgh. and Baltimore even have similar speech patterns. I assumed it was that they had the same immigrant groups settling-lots of Italians, Czech, Hungarian craftspeople.
    Our architecture here is the most Eastern of the Midwest.

One reason I loved The
    Wire (tv series) is because it all look like it was shot in St. Louis. It actually was shot in Baltimore.

St. Louis is often said to be a confused city because we are Eastern in our architecture, Midwestern in our climate, a little bit Southern in our culture.

My sister and I spent 4 days in St. Louis about 30 years ago and it was a nice city.

DD got into the very selective chamber choir she had her heart set on. Her voice is an amazing instrument; I'm so happy she's getting back into singing and appreciating and sharing this wonderful gift!

G, that’s wonderful!

That's great! Good for her!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

What a great accomplishment! I'm happy for you and your DD!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That's so wonderful.

Thread Information