Page 65 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

People! This is a rave thread not a complaint-about-murdering-vagrants thread. (Just kidding you all, pulling your chain.)

After this talk about small dogs, I am jonesing for a portable one. Sticking with my brachychephalic preference, I am thinking Pug or shih tzu. We will take geriatic and senior dogs. But I do not want to expose the little dog to big mondo Teddy Bear, the bulldog.While he is usually laid back about foster dogs in his house, he does like to stare them down and rumble a little. Tiny Pizzaz, our Frenchie, took him on and cuffed him now and then,.bUt I dont want a senior Pug to have to do this.

My father had a shih tzu. She was sweet dog, not too small, and able to breathe. He loved Dalai; I assume they're together again.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    My father had a shih tzu. She was sweet dog, not too small, and able to breathe. He loved Dalai; I assume they're together again.
    Please tell me they are not yappers. The yapping! Cant do that.

And, in other news, I recently--and unfrugally--bought an Origami all-purpose cart, black powdered steel and wood, to park some of my appliances on, since my counter space is woefully inadequate. It definitely sparks joy!

My kitchen cart.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Please tell me they are not yappers. The yapping! Cant do that.
    I don't remember yapping; I think she had a standard bark, but she apparently didn't bark often, since I don't remember it.

Iris: My little doggy buddy who I walk every day is a Shih Tzu and he very rarely barks. He has a sparkling personality and to know him is to love him. He has fans all over the neighborhood!

If someone is ringing my unit's buzzer, it's unexpected. If someone actually knocks on my unit door, I don't even go to talk through the door without my pistol in hand. A few times there have been very sketchy people, probably buzzed in by other neighbors who let anyone in. If I don't know you, I'm not opening the door. Friends never drop by unannounced.

Shitzu and Maltese are not big barkers unless you have more than one. Then it’s different.

A homemade chicken & green chile tamale brought to the gallery by the lady and her young daughter from the Santa Domingo pueblo nearby. It is heavenly, especially on such a bitterly cold and windy day!

We made chicken/chili tamales (with cheese) some years ago; they fell outside my SO's comfort zone (not his mom's tamales...), but they turned out well. Sounds like a perfect cold-weather snack.

Thread Information