Page 68 of 248 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

You do beautiful work, SQ!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Raving for my wife today, she's excited because one of her teacher co-workers just reminded her that they are down to 40 school days left before summer break. That's apparently 8 Mondays and 7 Fridays.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, are you guys going to travel with the RV this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Alan, are you guys going to travel with the RV this summer?
    We'll be travelling but the exact mode of transportation hasn't yet been decided. It will either be a slow trip in the RV up to Maine, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia or a quicker international trip to Budapest, Vienna and Prague. Decisions, Decisions....
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Both trips sound great. I have heard Prague is awesome. One of my favorites is Kraków. I would visit Europe while you are in good shape because most of Europe is not handicapped accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    We'll be travelling but the exact mode of transportation hasn't yet been decided. It will either be a slow trip in the RV up to Maine, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia or a quicker international trip to Budapest, Vienna and Prague. Decisions, Decisions....
    Prague is great but crowded as hell when you hit the Charles bridge and etc.usual tourist paths. The best hotel I’ve ever stayed in was the Hotel Paris in Prague, but I will explain that is because it had a fabulous art nouveau architecture, the restaurant was gorgeous with mosaics and high-end food. The rooms were averagevsixe, and that it’s OK. There was an extensive art collection throughout the hotel and I just thought it was soooooo charming.

When you are in Prague, seriously consider taking a day trip to Karlovy
    Vary which is a gorgeous little spa town.

We’re it me, I would skip the big giant city of Vienna and just go to Romania. But that’s me. Currently I am all about small to medium size Europeancities and I am done with the big giant expensive European cities. Believe it or not, I have not even been to Paris or Rome. And I’m probably not gonna go at this point in my life. Here’s the thing about Romania: it has wonderful medieval architecture, so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Currently I am all about small to medium size Europeancities and I am done with the big giant expensive European cities. Believe it or not, I have not even been to Paris or Rome. And I’m probably not gonna go at this point in my life. Here’s the thing about Romania: it has wonderful medieval architecture, so interesting.
    During the 90's and early 00's we went to Europe every 18 months or so, starting in Extreme western Europe and working our way east. So, we've done England, Belgium, France, Austria, Switzerland and Germany, with major cities such as Paris and London multiple times. This next trip we're really just working our way further east and identifying bases within a larger area for day trips.

Wow Alan you have seen a lot of Europe! Poland is so green that it’s almost glowing. Poland is also cheap not being on the Euro. We went to Rome twice many years ago.

Had a colonoscopy today. Did cologuard (spell?) and it came back positive so had to do the full procedure. The rave is the gal who did the paperwork on me. We talked and I said I was not going to take statins that my doctor was insisting upon and talked about other issues as well. She (under her breath) said "don't take them, don't take them." It is good to see others in the "traditional medicine" field are realizing this is not the way to go! I have decided to do some lifestyle changes and see if it helps. If not, I still am not taking those dangerous statins.

I totally agree Frugal. Neither my husband or I will take them. People have had irreversible damage done to their muscles and memory even after stopping them. Plus they have not proven to save more people than injured. They have mostly been studied on men.

Thread Information