Page 70 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

What a lovely day! It finally rained and I've finished my chore and am waiting for the Instant Pot to produce brunch. Meanwhile I'm enjoying tricked-out coffee and alternately playing Outspell on the AARP games page (just got shellacked) and reading a library ebook. Exciting times.

We have no ant infestations this year.

In recent years we’ve had ants at both houses. This year we have Nada.

Yppej
    IL did you do anything to get rid of the ants? Or did they go away on their own?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    IL did you do anything to get rid of the ants? Or did they go away on their own?
    Did nothing.

The little buggers did have a try at an entirely new place in March. But there wasn't many of them.

Nothing beats being able to stand in the middle of a charm of hummingbirds flying around your head as they flit between the two feeders I have on the deck ! I have yet to get them to feed from my hand but they are very used to me standing out there among them. I have black-chinned, broad-tailed, Calliopes and the ever-aggressive Rufous that chase all the others away from the feeders so they can get all the food. I go through at least three cups of sugar water per day! The other day I even saved a little Calliope that had stunned himself (probably ran into something on the deck). I heard some rustling outside one night and thought it was a pack rack but soon discovered the poor little thing fluttering about, unable to lift off. I managed to get him into a box and covered it with a pillow case to keep him safe for the night and he was ready to fly off the next morning. It was so amazing to see this teeny creature up so close!

The tiny hummers are darling. I cant commit to being in one place and to feeding them every day, so I appreciate those who do. Yesterday I was at the home of a fellow garden club lady and she feeds lots of hummingbirds so I saw several different kinds, including a tiny skinny one. The kind that comes around my house is bigger.

After 7 weeks rehab from a hip fracture being able to sit on my own porch and watch the hummingbirds and butterflies all over the flowers that thrived in my absence, due to a magnificent husband who added weeding to his list of chores, has lifted my soul. I am healing well, spending time moving with a cane and hope to be on my own two feet soon. This morning two female hummingbirds SHARED the feeder space for at least 2 minutes! Don't know why they were sharing, but it made me smile. My husband rescued a yellow swallowtail from a spider web at the cone flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    After 7 weeks rehab from a hip fracture being able to sit on my own porch and watch the hummingbirds and butterflies all over the flowers that thrived in my absence, due to a magnificent husband who added weeding to his list of chores, has lifted my soul. I am healing well, spending time moving with a cane and hope to be on my own two feet soon. This morning two female hummingbirds SHARED the feeder space for at least 2 minutes! Don't know why they were sharing, but it made me smile. My husband rescued a yellow swallowtail from a spider web at the cone flowers.
    Beautiful image you painted here with your words! Swallowtails, hummingbirds, coneflowers – – we have them all this time of the year.

Hope your healing continues well.

A hip fracture is serious. I hope you continue to heal well.

Yppej
    Marijuana legalization. I was able to try out this drug in an edible form so no nasty smoke in my lungs, no fear of arrest, no fear of what a street dealer may have mixed in with it.

This could work as a sleep aid for me, but overall I was not impressed. My vision annoyingly blurred some, it jacked up my appetite and I am trying to lose weight, I felt very lazy like I didn't want to stand to talk to someone so I sat on the floor, and I would not describe the product as good tasting. I did not get the giggles like I did in the past with a contact high. It was more super relaxing and I guess I am not anxious enough to crave that. But yes it should be legal for those who like it.

Thread Information