Page 89 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Thank you so much, IL, this is fascinating, and I love learning new things about soil amendment and improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    The Linden trees are in bloom! I look forward all year to their intoxicating fragrance!
    We have a row of lindens Across the street from us and their spring blossoms are nice although they are almost sickly sweet smelling.

Please note, the correct name of this soil amendment I’m using Is Turface.

It’s what a serious Iris growers use around here. Honestly my thought I would probably be fine without it but since I am digging brand new beds I thought I and throw some in, Money is no object because there’s nothing too good for the iris!
    They deserve it because they are growing so well and the deer do not touch them.

I love my iRobot Roomba especially for cleaning under beds. When the battery died, I was horrified to find that the replacement was well over $100 each. After manually vacuuming the bedrooms a few times, it got old really fast so I bought a new Roomba.

I kept checking for a good replacement battery for my old unit and finally found one on Amazon.ca for $39.99 with free shipping and very good reviews. It is easy to install and now I have two Roombas in operation. I am keeping the new one for twice-weekly cleaning of the LR, kitchen and dining area and the old for weekly cleaning of the hallway and bedrooms. I never thought that I would be so keen on robot technology but the dog hair that is easily so cleaned up is worth every penny.

Maybe I should have bought a robot electric lawn mower instead of the electric push mower,
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We have a place called Batteries Plus that will build a battery for a roomba at a reasonable price.

Raves to my bil! He is very handy and does construction, etc. and came to work on a short to-do list I sent him. I now have a beautiful new pantry! He built deeper shelves and I painted everything once he left. He also repaired the front porch light and a ceiling fan pull. Little things, but they make such a difference! I'm so thrilled! I figure... if I'm going to pay someone to do these things, it's nice to keep it in the family. Sigh... the little things.

Sorry - it's sideways.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

That’s a nice pantry!

That is great, Happystuff!

Thanks! I've started putting stuff back and re-organizing, etc. It will take a bit, but I'm lovin' it!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Hapoystuff, glad you got what you wanted.

Thread Information