Page 96 of 247 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Happy Anniversary, Alan!

Yppej
    Wishing the two of you many more anniversaries.

Congrats to both of you with anniversaries!!

Happy anniversaries, Alan and frugal-one! DW and I will never get to 44 or 47 (well, it's quite unlikely given how old we'll be then) but it's a relationship goal, as they say.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Happy, long-lived relationships are one of life's sweetest rewards. Congratulations, all!

Raving about my salad spinner - LOL! I needed to clean my reusable masks today, but I don't like throwing them in with regular laundry as the elastic ear pieces stretch or actually break getting twisted up with other items. So, I used my salad spinner to wash, rinse and spin "dry" enough to hang up. Worked like a charm and took about 10-15 minutes with minimal water use.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I put my reusable masks in a mesh lingerie bag. All my clothes are washed on cold, gentle. Air dry for the masks. Works very well.

I wash mine in hot water and put in the dryer on high. I want the germs gone.

Tradd - Yes, a mesh bag would work, but since I don't have one, I went off the "use what I have". Maybe a dollar store purchase down the road.

TT - yes, definitely hot water! As well as a pre-soak in alcohol and using anti-bacterial soap. Plus, I won't wear these for at least a week from now anyway. I have plenty to rotate between.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Raving about my salad spinner - LOL! I needed to clean my reusable masks today, but I don't like throwing them in with regular laundry as the elastic ear pieces stretch or actually break getting twisted up with other items. So, I used my salad spinner to wash, rinse and spin "dry" enough to hang up. Worked like a charm and took about 10-15 minutes with minimal water use.
    And to think some people try to live without a salad spinner!

Thread Information