Page 99 of 256 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Catherine, this is worth a brag what a great accomplishment and at our age discernible improvement of muscle is so great!

Brag away about those things that help motivate us as well. I bought Atomic Habits with the same motivation in mind. I like tiny improvements that make a difference long-term.
    Funnily enough, one tiny habit is to reduce checking SLF to once a day and all news as well. I have improved a lot on the news but still have a way to go on SLF.

Another is to try different recipes for soup which many of you helped a lot. I have made a variety and tried new dishes like a curry and coconut milk. It has become fun to prepare food again.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    I've never been able to do a pushup so you are inspiring Catherine!

I am so excited for you!!!! Seeing muscles is a great feeling! Carry on!!!!

That's fabulous, catherine! Congrats!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Catherine, that’s fab! Woo hoo!

Hey, I'm impressed - so maybe it's not too late for me to improve in strength. too. I've never been able to do a push-up or pull up and really really dislike "exercise". I read Atomic Habits from the library, and will check out Tiny Habits also. I have more time now to learn new tricks, even if I'm old, lol.

Inspirational Catherine. You should be proud.

Good for you, Catherine! You inspired me to do 3 modified push-ups after my morning meditation! (I remember when they were called "girls' push-ups"!)

Helpful staff are wonderful.
    After discussing with some of you how to still support the solos in my life at Christmas, I needed to find some take-out servings plates. While manning the Salvation Army kettle for a two-hour shift at my favourite grocery store on Monday, a long-term staff stopped to chat. I asked her if she had seen any take-out trays as I had searched locally without success. She went to the back of the store, spoke to a manager who came out and gave me the source info.

Tuesday, I went shopping at a larger town and now have 50 plates, etc. So far I have two ladies who would love to share my preparing a Christmas dinner for a take-out. They will come for a light brunch of Christmas greetings, muffins and coffee and take home their dinner to eat later. All that I need to do is find the turkey. There may be more taking part as I let people know.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information