Thread: Wandering on back....

Wandering on back....

Hi there, all ye SL'ers!

I am saguaro, formerly Corrine in IL on the old board when Dave ran it. Lurked even prior to that incarnation, when it was a list format. Yeah I am dating myself.

Coming back after a bit of a hiatus. DH was out of a job for over two years, and thanks to having kept our costs low, driving paid for cars forever, luckily keeping my job and our EF as the cushion, we got through. His unemployment and my salary were enough to cover things, it was only until the very end that we had to draw out of the EF then he found a job. It's not making the salary he did before, but he was lucky to have found something that utilized his new career training (web design/digital) while in his 50s.

DH is nearing retirement, I am on a seriously decluttering roll again so we might be able to sell our 1500 sq ft townhome and get into renting a smaller home as a transition between the current home and where we will go in retirement. We don't plan to stay in our current area, but are stuck here between jobs and family. We are rebuilding savings after some big expenditures replacing cars and doing long delayed home repairs.

Back to share and learn here, as I have before. I always found it a great place.

Hey, saguaro (Corrine in IL)!

Great to hear from you again! Geez, I also remember the original list format! I remember not liking the updated one as much--seemed too compartmentalized..

Looking forward to hearing more from you!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I lurked on the original list but when it ended, circa 2000 I think?, I didn't know where everyone went! It was a couple of years before I found the new incarnation under Dave and that's when I joined.

I remember your former name, saguaro! Welcome back! I admire how you've weathered the unemployment storm.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thanks KayLR! It was a challenge and there were moments where DH thought he might never work again and be forced into retirement, much earlier than he planned. However he utilized some training opportunities, got into web design / digital and now works for the digital side of a local newspaper. It's not great for pay and the management are mostly idiots but at least he's doing something that he wanted to do at his prior job but couldn't because of work load, therefore no time for training.

Welcome back - I remember your name too! Glad to see you
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Thanks, Gardenarian. I remember you as well.

Welcome back. I remember your old name on the boards but I just lurked there.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Hi saguaro,
    that's an inspiring story, thanks for letting us know and for rejoining the forum.

Thread Information