Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1-Gallon pickle jars

CathyA they have metal lids, the ones they came with originally when they held pickles.

I've taken a couple home to make terrariums with the grands. I'm going to take another to put my whole wheat flour in. I don't really keep that amount of pasta or dried goods that would justify taking one for that. But before the rest get recycled, I'll run them down to Goodwill instead.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Iced tea. Iced coffee.

Many years ago I made my family eat a certain kind of pickles so I could collect 10 matching gallon jars. My husband built a shelf in the kitchen to store them. they were labeled and held flour, oats, wheat, beans, rice, sugar, etc. We then bought different pickles in matching 1/2 gallon jars. I stored staples that we keep in smaller quantities in those. The jars had lovely brass colored lids. I still have them all. Now they are in closed cupboard. I liked it better when they were on display.

Thread Information