Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much to you spend per year on haircuts?

How much to you spend per year on haircuts?

Curious how much others spend per year on haircuts. I spend about $300 (roughly a cut every eight weeks at $45 inclusive of tip). What is your number?

I cut my own short "bob" and budget $20 for it each month for a total of $240. I've done this for about 12-years now because I couldn't find a place of business that wasn't toxic with nail and hair chemicals which causes me breathing problems. I probably should increase it to $25. This money goes into the Christmas/Emergency Fund Account at the bank along with the $1 bills I save each month.

Hubby pays his barber $15, and when his barber retires, I'll cut his hair, too. $180

$25 every 5-6 weeks, so $250 tops. Color at home $7 every 4-5 weeks, adding another $90.

I maybe spend $50 a year on me. I cut my own. But about once every 2 years I get a cut in the salon just for some pampering. It's long and wavy/curly so not to hard to do. I also cut the boys. DH gets his cut in the salon about every 3 months. Probably $100 a year. Our salon friend has her own punch card sort of deal and it works out that there is a free cut every 2 years, sometimes I'll use that one.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by lessisbest View Post
    This money goes into the Christmas/Emergency Fund Account at the bank along with the $1 bills I save each month.

I love that you pay yourself - great plan.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I spent $283 on grooming in 214 and of that, $110 was for 3 haircuts. The rest was for box dye (someday I'll let it go, but it's a business expense right now, and I don't have the right coloring for grey--I look mousy, and dull) and drug store cosmetics, shampoo, deodorant, stuff like that.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

With fine really straight hair, I indulge in a good cut about 6-8 weeks after which I look shaggy so spend $35 per cut and consider that my one big personal indulgence.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

$38.50 (haircut + tip) every 5-6 weeks for approximately $346.50 for the year
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Haircuts are the one line item in my expense tally from last year of which I am most aghast - $478. I once read that my city has the highest average price for haircuts of any US city. It is hard to find a stylist (unless one goes to Supercuts) that charges less than $40 for a simple cut. The average is $55. My hair grows extremely fast so that doesn't help. It is a ridiculous amount given I don't do anything else but get simple haircuts every 5-6 weeks. I would love to know how to cut my own like lessisbest but so far, any attempts have not been successful.

I don't always go once a month, sometimes it can be six weeks between. $20 a time so at most $240, and I can have her come to us, or go to her. (she started cutting several of our hairs in a friends house when she started school, and she lives down the street one way, her parents the other)

Thread Information