Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crackpot Theories............

Crackpot Theories............

This is just a survey question, and feel free to be frank in your answers. Nobody reads any of this stuff except littlebittymee, and I will keep everything strictly confidential. So, what Crackpot Theories are you harboring, but are afraid to disclose, because "they" will come and get you, or else think you are demented?

first of all i thought it said crockpot theories so i had a question about making oatmeal in the crockpot.

if we put too much pavement on the earth then she won't be able to breath, that may not be a total crackpot theory however

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    first of all i thought it said crockpot theories so i had a question about making oatmeal in the crockpot.

if we put too much pavement on the earth then she won't be able to breath, that may not be a total crackpot theory however
    "Crockpot" theories. Hmmm. Not 'Zackly what I had in mind, but its a start. So, according to "Paved Earth Doomsday" theorists, what is the threshold for overpaving the earth? What % can be paved, before it upsets the balance of nature? Can anyone elaborate on that?

There are a lot of interesting crackpot theories, and I'm sure that many forum members are just bashful to come forward and share them, here.

I entertain all kinds of "crackpot theories:" UFOs (they're obviously there, but what are they?), reincarnation (see Ian Stevenson, MD), the usual woo. And probably a few more. But I just entertain them; I'm not wedded to them. And I'm not particularly interested in going to the mat to defend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    "Crockpot" theories. Hmmm. Not 'Zackly what I had in mind, but its a start. So, according to "Paved Earth Doomsday" theorists, what is the threshold for overpaving the earth? What % can be paved, before it upsets the balance of nature? Can anyone elaborate on that?

i usually just think about it in terms of writing a story or novel, my daughter has an idea about nature overgrowng in gigantic sizes and humans have to live in trees and fend off elephant size insects. i wish she would write that story.

and crockpot oatmeal gets mushy in the amount of sleep time so you can either make it in the crockpot and sleep 5 hours or just take 3 minutes in the morning.

Well, I don't know. You could Travel To Puerto Rico and back for a bowl of Mush, but that would not be very Frugal.

LOL Zoe Girl, I definitely think this is more of a place for crockpot theories than crackpot theories. And then there are the salad spinner theories!

That sounds like a fun topic...

I *obviously* don't harbour any theory of my own [NB: it's not because you're paranoid that they are not out to get you.... ] but I have occasionally been greatly entertained by the very british 'Uber Crackpot Theorist', who goes by the name David Icke - not sure if you know of him.

His theories go from:
    - Royal family being a race of shape shifting, lizard-like aliens requiring regular human blood transfusion for survival ('reptilians' in his own words)
    - world leaders are a connected family of descendants from an original extra-terrestrial people (they are also from another dimension) whom he calls 'The Babylonian Brotherhood'
    - the notion that 'world events' are in fact organised and orchestrated by the Brotherhood to create a world 'state of mind' which enables them to implement actions they wanted to take in the first place (like 9/11, Oklahoma bombing....)

to

- the idea that the collective human consciousness is manipulated through a 'Saturn-Moon Matrix' (organised by reptilians...)

and many more.....

He is quite entertaining and has quite a following here and, apparently in many countries; he gives talks that last up to 6 or 8 hours non stop, they are mesmerizing, you can see some on Youtube; he used to be a very respected sports journalist and later, one of the 4 green party spokespersons!

[PS: on a less funny note, I should warn you that some of his all-encompassing world views and theories can get dangerously close to some extreme-right and anti-semitic propaganda! Beware! Listen with due diligence!]

Thread Information