Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Packy

I was joking I have terrible spelling, sometime auto spell picks it up other times not. Plus me old eyes not as good and at 3 am I can't tell what my spelling looks like!

Quote Originally Posted by ctg492 View Post
    I was joking I have terrible spelling, sometime auto spell picks it up other times not. Plus me old eyes not as good and at 3 am I can't tell what my spelling looks like!
    ctg492, I used to be a great speller, but I really struggle these days! I would never judge someone on their spelling or grammar.... And it's not always easy to tell when someone is being intentional with bad spelling or grammar. But I think it is obvious that the subject of this thread, Packy, is intentional with his incorrect grammar and spelling! I have suggested to him a couple times about using paragraphs, but he didn't take the hint. LOL I just can't read long posts without paragraphs - it is very difficult with my bad vision....

On a site I frequent, and dearly love (shipoffools.com) -- British Anglicans (yep, it's a religious site ) but with topics ALL OVER THE PLACE and people all over the world ... they have specific categories -- Heaven, Purgatory, etc etc. ... including HELL. If you get really mad or upset with someone, you call him/her to HELL and the battle begins. No holds barred, more or less. If you don't want to visit HELL, you don't have to. I don't recall anyone leaving over these encounters, but my memory isn't what it once was. There can be disagreements in the other categories, of course, but I don't recall real problems, and it seems to be kind of forgive-and-forget and live-and-let-live and no one quits in a huff. I've been a member here, on and off, under a couple of different names, and have not found any topic or any one offensive enough to get upset about.

And thinking more, it's possible that back in my younger days here I might have been offended by Packy and his other incarnations, and even other posters, but I've forgotten. Sometimes growing older is a blessing ... <3

Kids, you need to grow up, act your age(like littlebittymee), get with the program, start cutting the mustard, behave like adults, straighten up and fly right, and accept one basic fact: Comedy Isn't Pretty. Okay--so you think I'm not Funny. You need to get real, and accept the fact that Comedy IS funny, even if you are the object of the joke. Bob Dole, U.S. Senator & Presidential Candidate, and maimed WWII Veteran, accepted the fact that mocking him was funny! So did Bill Clinton, George(es) Bush, Ed Sullivan, and many, many more. They, put their beliefs out there, for everyone to see. So has everyone on this forum--except for the taking a joke at their expense part. So, if you expect to call yourself "Frugal One", and on a forum specifically about Voluntary Simplicity, start an oxymoronic thread, place-dropping about some vacation spot where you ate mush for breakfast, why in the heck expect praise and positive feedback from absolutely everyone? Then bitch like hell, because they didn't kiss up to you? Answer that! See? If this is not what you want to hear, here, how about demanding they change the name and the purpose of the forum to: "Middle-Aged Ladies Prestige Love-Me-Unconditionally Chit-Chat Club"? Then, there will be no mistake about what the inputs of the conversation should be. Also, in terms of moderation: the application of forum policies should be even-handed. I think you kids know what I'm talking about. It makes me wonder: Is the beloved Chrystal back again, if not in person, but in spirit? Hope that helps you kids some. Later. Thankk Mee.

The End.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Kids, you need to grow up, act your age(like littlebittymee), get with the program, start cutting the mustard, behave like adults, straighten up and fly right, and accept one basic fact: Comedy Isn't Pretty. Okay--so you think I'm not Funny. You need to get real, and accept the fact that Comedy IS funny, even if you are the object of the joke. Bob Dole, U.S. Senator & Presidential Candidate, and maimed WWII Veteran, accepted the fact that mocking him was funny! So did Bill Clinton, George(es) Bush, Ed Sullivan, and many, many more. They, put their beliefs out there, for everyone to see. So has everyone on this forum--except for the taking a joke at their expense part. So, if you expect to call yourself "Frugal One", and on a forum specifically about Voluntary Simplicity, start an oxymoronic thread, place-dropping about some vacation spot where you ate mush for breakfast, why in the heck expect praise and positive feedback from absolutely everyone? Then bitch like hell, because they didn't kiss up to you? Answer that! See? If this is not what you want to hear, here, how about demanding they change the name and the purpose of the forum to: "Middle-Aged Ladies Prestige Love-Me-Unconditionally Chit-Chat Club"? Then, there will be no mistake about what the inputs of the conversation should be. Also, in terms of moderation: the application of forum policies should be even-handed. I think you kids know what I'm talking about. It makes me wonder: Is the beloved Chrystal back again, if not in person, but in spirit? Hope that helps you kids some. Later. Thankk Mee.
    I don't consider remarks that belittle others to be humor or have any other value, but bullying driven by the primitive ego as some sort of rudimentary selfish biological programming to preserve one's own genetics. Whether Ed Sullivan accepted it or not, and can apply to both sides of this discussion. Though I can appreciate some of these other comments.
    Last edited by Rogar; 3-5-15 at 9:53am.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I don't consider remarks that belittle others to be humor or have any other value, but bullying driven by the primitive ego as some sort of rudimentary selfish biological programming to preserve one's own genetics. Whether Ed Sullivan accepted it or not, and can apply to both sides of this discussion. Though I can appreciate some of these other comments.
    I agree with Rogar! Yes, I am frugal-one..... so that I CAN travel. I have saved and worked all of my life to get to this stage. Thankfully, I am alive yet to enjoy it! The purpose of this forum, IMO, is to share ideas. End of discussion!

I've think I've probably sworn off air traveling for life, too much carbon (yea sure commuting to work is also not great, but harder to change as it's easy to get stuck in - but does one air flight really use as much fossil fuel as a whole years commuting, as I've heard?). Anyway I know I'm not perfect, I'm just not looking to take up yet more bad habits. If anything I hope to have less. I do think the Packy taunting sometimes goes too far though sure.
    Trees don't grow on money

Someone just posted a Joe Bonamassa video on FB and I thought of you, Packy. I had never heard of him before you brought him up, and now the two of you will always be inextricably linked in my mind

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Someone just posted a Joe Bonamassa video on FB and I thought of you, Packy. I had never heard of him before you brought him up, and now the two of you will always be inextricably linked in my mind
    Oh, oh rosa--I'm gonna report you to the mods for bullying littlebittymee by even mentioning that Joe Bonnymessa. You just KNEW it would push my buttons, didn't you! Hope that helps you some. thank mee. I must go now, and listen to some of that "pop" music, that the cool people scorn.

Thread Information