Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Simple Rifle For Simple Times

Mrs-M
    Good morning Bae. My husband thought this may be of interest to you. Many- many years ago he got to know an old gunsmith and the smith recommended Pledge for the protection and preservation of metal firearm components (outer) and fine wooden stocks. It has a high silicone base and DH has been using it ever since.

That's so absurdly simple that I bet it works like a champ. What a great idea!

Mrs-M
    My husband will not use anything else. It has such a pleasant smell to it too! I remember my dad cleaning his guns with those strong chemical smelling oil products (still does) which sort of left the guns sticky, but DH's guns look (and feel) as though they were just removed from a showroom environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs-M View Post
    It has such a pleasant smell to it too!
    Ohhh... A lemon scented gun - I love it :-)!

Mrs-M
    Ironically enough Spartana, he does use the lemon scent! I even offer to help polish!

Bae. On more point I'd like to mention, my husband never changes out the Pledge embedded cloth. He uses the same cloth over and over again. When he's done using it he allows it to dry then places it in a small Ziploc bag and stores it back in his gun cleaning bag.

rodeosweetheart
    I'm not a gun aficianado, but I loved your wood stove!

I tired to post a couple of pics of my antique .410 shotgun (and my little pea shooter from the CG ) but can't post pics here for some reason. Was able to on the "practice board" but not here. Will try again! I'm not a gun collector myself (but have a few around the house) but this was one belonged to the Great Grandparents (the shotgun not the .50 cal).
    Last edited by Spartana; 4-6-11 at 1:26pm.

my "little pea shooter" :-)! Yes I'm showing off

Last edited by Spartana; 5-17-11 at 2:23pm.

That Browning is surely a classic. I swapped mine for this instead though, which fires the same round, but is substantially more accurate, and easier to use on my smaller boat:

I do have a nice mount on the boat for my smaller Browning, to help defend our border here from the Canadian menace:

It is fortunate indeed that our Army's Department of Civilian Marksmanship sells off warehouses of inexpensive ammunition to us taxpayers for practice :-)

Purrrtttyyy..... Me wants! Well that 95 ft patrol boat I am on in the pic was stationed in Maine to defend against the Canadian Menace as well

I don't have anything like yours in my personal stash but a girl can dream!

Thread Information