Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBC's remake of Poldark series

Sigh........................... I'm in lust.

So for those who saw the final 2-hour episode, which I didn't realize was the Series Finale (!) what did you think of the ending?

I was puzzled because it certainly left us hanging, but if that's really the end of the series, then I guess we'll never know how some of these things played out - geez!

I believe next season is in production.

I binge-watched the new Poldark series last week. I thought it was fine, although for some reason I still prefer the original (which I re-viewed recently; my library has it on DVD). Yes, the original had crude production values, but this was 40 years ago, after all. And I didn't think the acting was any better in the new version.

I thought the new series was too obviously contrived to make Ross into a hunky Byronic hero. Maybe he's portrayed that way in the books, which I haven't read. I'm pretty sure that the new Ross was aimed more at the female audience, with all his shirtless brooding and scowling. Didn't do much for me, though.

I did like the new Demelza, but I liked the old one too, who was played by a Welsh cutie named Angarhad Rees. I never understood, in the original series, why Ross would prefer the colorless Elizabeth to the spunky Demelza, and that was still the case in the new series.

Quote Originally Posted by oldhat View Post
    I binge-watched the new Poldark series last week. I thought it was fine, although for some reason I still prefer the original (which I re-viewed recently; my library has it on DVD). Yes, the original had crude production values, but this was 40 years ago, after all. And I didn't think the acting was any better in the new version.

I thought the new series was too obviously contrived to make Ross into a hunky Byronic hero. Maybe he's portrayed that way in the books, which I haven't read. I'm pretty sure that the new Ross was aimed more at the female audience, with all his shirtless brooding and scowling. Didn't do much for me, though.

I did like the new Demelza, but I liked the old one too, who was played by a Welsh cutie named Angarhad Rees. I never understood, in the original series, why Ross would prefer the colorless Elizabeth to the spunky Demelza, and that was still the case in the new series.
    The 1970's Ross DID love his cute and spunky wife Demelza more than Elizabeth, after a while. At least, that was my take on it. I thought he assured Demelza of this.

Haven't seen the new version.

Thread Information