Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Relocating To What Cheer, Iowa

Well, Greggory--I've got one allll picked out for you, that I spotted quite awhile back. It is Whiteclay, Nebraska, and the main industry is Retail Liquor Sales--a lot of it. Other than that, there's not much else there. But, they can prolly always use another Liquor Store, if you go there with the intention of opening one up. See, it sits on the border with South Dakota & the Pine Ridge Rosebud Reservation. I think you can even do a little barter, & trade firewater in exchange for crafts and so on. You might even make a fortune with an aluminum can redemption center. But, it looks like you need to have a pretty secure building, to house your merchandise.
    Last edited by Packy; 3-24-15 at 5:17pm.

Moving up north to our cabin to live when we were going to watch the river flow a few years ago, visiting is far different then living in a rural place. The locals called us types; flat landers or trolls or weekenders or a variety of names. They all knew we would never make. We did not. We are not big city, but when the only place to eat is say Robin's Home Cookin' and they close at 6 pm, we soon realized it was not for us. So more power to those that can move out and be content.

I'll tell you what--there is nothing worse than being referred to as a Troll. I don't mind being called a Flatlander or a Weekender, but call me a Troll, and all heii breaks loose. Better believe it. That said, did that Robins' Place have good PIZZA, piled HIGH with Ooooey-Goooey yummy mozzzzarellla cheeeese? Just Curious.

Okay--I found you kids a place in that state that you can move to. It is a town(Ogden) located in central Ia along highway 30, where I have stopped for gas many times. But, I did some fact-checking, and discovered that the town is not only much BIGGER than I ever realized, but that it is one of the few burgs in Iowa that has not shrunk in population in the last 50-60 years---amazing! True--it has not kept pace with overall national population growth, percentagewise; but the actual number of people has increased slightly and steadily. My perceptions were that it was a burg of maybe 200-300 people, but noooo--it is slightly over 2000! There is only one Pizza restaurant, and then of course, pizza at Casey's. So, you kids might consider moving there, and starting up a Pizza place, because they are very drastically undersupplied with pizza in Ogden, it sounds like to mee. A meat locker might be another possibility, too. That way, you can do your part in preventing malnutrition, AND give them something to do--EAT! One thing I am sure you will like is that the community is very NEAT and TIDY. See, they don't have much to do, but tidy up. So, you'll be fine. Hope that helps you some. Thank mee.

Thread Information