Thread: writing a blog

writing a blog

i know that everyone seems to have a blog, but i have been thinking about one for awhile. i saw the minimalists one with some ideas about how they do their blog and got inspired. of course it can't just be random and it has to be things i am willing to be public about but i still think i have things to talk about. i have been writing and wanting to write more since i was a small child, i really miss having a regular writing outlet.

the themes for me would be
    * no fast food clothes commitment, what i am sewing, thrifting, etc.
    * sustainable lunches, how to never buy fast food with 12 hour days
    * all those eco-actions that are so cool now, yeah, and the people who have been doing them for 20 years,
    * how cool gray hair is and what are the shiniest options.

okay any of that sound interesting? i know there has been interest from people in following some of the clothing projects, i just need really good photos.

* sustainable lunches, how to never buy fast food with 12 hour days
    I like this one. I really need to bring more than a lunch to get me through the day (breakfast I may or may not eat at home, but I mean lunch and a serious afternoon snack). 12 hours? no and when it has been they let me work the last 4 at home .... more like gone 10 1/2 hours with commute and lunch break.

* all those eco-actions that are so cool now, yeah, and the people who have been doing them for 20 years,
    a blog on eco-actions sounds good, but probably a fairly crowded field. But sneering by people who have done them for 20 years isn't going to convert anyone, just the people who have done them from 20 years roll there eyes and how much better they are than everyone else and noone is saved. Btw are they actually cool now? In alternative circles yes. But in the mainstream? I don't know. (even in alternative circles I wonder, there's people who would never use a plastic fork, but then they fly for pleasure ....)

Gray hair, I may not be the one to ask, as the genetics seem to leave one salt and pepper fully through one's 60s, I'd probably try henna or something if I was grey ... as I've seen it done well, and only if I hated that go grey.
    Trees don't grow on money

i think the tone on the eco part would be important. i am excited that other people are really starting to use their own bags, bring water bottles, eat healthier. it is so much easier to go out to eat or simply not be the weird one in the room since everyone knows a vegetarian now. i will admit to struggling since anything that gets popular feels like i need to react to, just my sparkling personality. i guess i would want to talk about the long term sustainability of these actions, my struggles but benefits.

it is just such a bummer that i could have started this a few years ago and been ahead of the game. like a lot of people here we have been doing this a long time.

Thread Information