Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Purge 2015 April Declutter 100 Items

Our neighbors just moved out. Thankfully I did not inspect the contents of the residential dumpster they moved in for a few days.

Threw out 6 telephone books and 2 pairs of underwear. Previous total for the month was 27 + 8 = 35.

not keeping a tally but i did empty a banker box of old journals into the recycle bin, and 2 loads to goodwill and full trash and recycling this week. the journals were very interesting, i skimmed some and found some themes that were enlightening.

I didn't count but after reading the tidying book & thinking there was nothing left to go took a car full to thrift store, filled huge garbage bin & filled huge recycling bin. My office closet is totally empty except for the top & my hall closet is half empty as is my walk in closet.

Took 11 items to Goodwill, returned one package of underwear (wrong size) to Macy's, returned 4 shirts I bought that weren't what I wanted: previous total was 35 + 11 + 1 + 4 = 51 for month

almost all my paperwork is trash, really, i am finding some interesting things that are worth revisiting. i am on something like my 3rd bankers box of paper that can be thrown out (recycle bin of course)

I am on a rampage of de-cluttering this morning! Many items I am getting rid of is clothing, gotten during a clothing swap I attended recently attended. All those things that didn't quite fit right, or aren't really "me" are going bye-bye, off to the thrift store were someone else can have the opportunity to find an exciting find Tidbits, and debris, thingamabobs, and doo-hickeys. If I haven't used it in all the time I've had it, then today is "someday." They have a purpose in going someplace else out of my immediate orbit. The pile by the front door is growing larger, distribution to appropriate places will be mapped out. Blow dryer for hair? Haven't used in five years when I got the bright idea of chopping off all my hair only to discover I HATE having short hair and immediately started growing it out. Now I have dreadlocks and have no need for combs, styling brushes, bobby pins, hair-clips, etc, etc. Into the trash all of that just went.

The little piles of debris of modern life that piles up in drifts and occupies our corners, just out of sight but always niggling at us. Out it goes, I am tired of waiting for "someday." It hasn't come yet so OUT it goes! Weeeeeeeeeeeee.....!!!!!!! So freeing!

And I keep finding lists! Little lists on scrap papers, lists on the myriad little notebooks that lie around here, on envelopes, on clipboards! I need to organize my lists!

SiouzQ-

I love your description, "little piles of debris of modern life". I'm filing that for future reference.

Made a run to Goodwill with 31 items. Hubby wanted to put a small box in the recycling and I suggested we fill it with stuff destined for the Goodwill and the box held 13 cookbooks. I said next time we'll see how many items from the garage and shed we can put into a small box.

Got rid of our dining room table yesterday since we inherited my SO's mother's. 52 for the month.

72. jacket
    73. shirt
    74. flower pot
    75. nail polish
    76-77. 2 bras
    78. box of breakfast drink mix no one likes
    79. broken wisk
    80. belt
    81. shoes
    82. songbook

it's getting hard to find stuff to declutter
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information