72 canning jars (pints/quarts)
    36 canning jar rings
    24 (new) jar lids
    1 lid rack
    1 garden cart

Goodwill:
    13 clothing and household items

Ali
    Sold today - a cloche for raising seedlings (and I gave them some seedling trays), a set of wire drawers. Given away - wooden cubby hole storage unit. Awaiting collection - a small brushed aluminium radiator and a walk in plastic greenhouse.

April 01 & 02
    --1 book & 1 necklace to charity (The seniors home can use these things in the tuck shop) note to you all they really love jewellery especially long necklaces that
    they can put over their heads, that way they don't need to ask for help.
    --1 can of paint, 5 cont. of product to clean cars---in a hazardous waste bin to take there next week.
    --3 cont. of wipes for the car tossed and cont. in recycle---these were bought before we moved to this house and they are dried up and evil smelling.
    ---4----- 1/2 lb bags of buttons sold on Kijiji for $10.00 better to have the money then buttons I have been collecting for too many years to mention...lol
    Total to date 15
    My goal will be 150 items this month. Shouldn't be hard at all the garage needs to be finished this year.
    Even if I never plan on moving my new goal is to know everything I have and feel it could be moved into a 1 bedroom apartment without it being a major stress.

Apr.03 to Apr11th
    --10 cookbooks to charity
    --4 books to charity
    --bits and bobs from 6 kitchen drawers cleaned out
    --1 very large tinfoil pan that was not useable again...garbage
    --1 Christmas basket to charity
    --2 tops and 2 pr of pants to charity
    --2 more 1/2 lbs of buttons --sold
    --2 more small casseroles --sold
    --1 large cloth bag to Dsil
    --3 pairs of socks...garbage on even fit to clean with

That's all for now..total to date 47........a little behind but it is only getting warm enough to get in the garage this week
    Last edited by danna; 4-14-15 at 10:37pm.

April 01 & 02
    --1 book & 1 necklace to charity (The seniors home can use these things in the tuck shop) note to you all they really love jewellery especially long necklaces that
    --1 can of paint, 5 cont. of product to clean cars---in a hazardous waste bin to take there next week.
    --3 cont. of wipes for the car tossed and cont. in recycle---these were bought before we moved to this house and they are dried up and evil smelling.
    ---4----- 1/2 lb bags of buttons sold on Kijiji for $10.00 better to have the money then buttons I have been collecting for too many years to mention...lol
    Total to date 15
    My goal will be 150 items this month. Shouldn't be hard at all the garage needs to be finished this year.
    Even if I never plan on moving my new goal is to know everything I have and feel it could be moved into a 1 bedroom apartment without it being a major stress.

Apr.03 to Apr11th
    --4 books to charity

That's all for now..total to date 47........a little behind but it is only getting warm enough to get in the garage this week
    April 12 to 14th
    --1 Hose ---2 hose attachments that leak to garbage
    --4 dead batteries---4 Cont. to Hazardous Waste
    --2 really old coats to garbage not fit for anyone really
    --1 crumpling planter to garbage..1 stretched out bungee cord (like there must be a 100 out there way would this one have even been kept) who knows.
    Yes I started on the garage and the total is now 62 and more to come tomorrow
    Also, caught two mice but I guess I can't count them.................

Last night I sat with my favorite Indian cookbook (from the library) called "Six Spices" and I went through all of my Indian spices. I purged most of the yellow mustard, since I din't know yellow isn't used in Indian cooking. I do have black mustard seed. I purged old green cardamom. I combined some containers of ground red chiles. Same for coriander.

Basically, I verified that I've got all six of the spices she uses in this book about basic Indian cooking although the cumin is very old and needs to be completely replaced. Now, on to cooking with them!

This is goal of mine in retirement, do a whole lot more Indian cooking.

Wish I lived closer, Iris Lily. Perhaps you could move...

I'm filling the car again; getting rid of stuff is like working with dry sand--you dig a hole, turn your back, and whoops! It's full of sand again. I've sent some stuff to friends, and I continue to sort.

Previous subtotal: 86

10- 1 more bankers box emptied, a full bag of shredding, a very few papers (8? 9?) from it filed
    4- dog shampoo/conditioners consolidated, 4 bottles to recycling
    2- boxes dumped into the recycling bin
    2- one-inch binders to another teacher at school

Grand total for the month: 104, 100 items, plus 4 for the 4th month of the year

April 01 & 02
    Total to date 15

Apr.03 to Apr11th
    --4 books to charity

April 12 to 14th
    --1 Hose ---2 hose attachments that leak to garbage
    --4 dead batteries---4 Cont. to Hazardous Waste
    --2 really old coats to garbage not fit for anyone really
    --1 crumpling planter to garbage..1 stretched out bungee cord (like there must be a 100 out there way would this one have even been kept) who knows.
    Yes I started on the garage and the total is now 62 and more to come tomorrow
    Also, caught two mice but I guess I can't count them.................
    Apr15
    --1 book to charity---1 set of shoulder Pads (how long have I had them...lol) garbage
    ---6 more cans of paint for Hazardous Waste
    ---bits and pieces from 2 more drawers
    Total 72

Used 40 plastic pots for lilies, potted them up and am selling them at our society's lily sale.

In addition I planted up a few glazed pottery planters that someone else had thrown out into our alley trash last year. I included them in this batch, charged an extra $5 for the "nice pot" and already they are sold to members of the society before our sale officially opens tomorrow.

I LOVE recycling alley finds into sales.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Wish I lived closer, Iris Lily. Perhaps you could move...

I'm filling the car again; getting rid of stuff is like working with dry sand--you dig a hole, turn your back, and whoops! It's full of sand again. I've sent some stuff to friends, and I continue to sort.
    haha, yep, ok! And maybe when I throw out my old cumin, I can count hat as, what-300 items? because each grain counts as one.

Thread Information