Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pizza Place Closes On Account Of Harrassment....

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Agreed that rights can be subjective and are completely dependent on the society one lives in. But I don't think wanting to be treated fairly and equally within your society is some vile agenda.
    I also agree that wanting to be treated fairly and equally is a worthy agenda, I'd just add that wanting to live your life according to your conscience and beliefs is equally worthy. I find it amazing that there is a need for laws such as RFRA to prevent it's criminalization.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    Well, not to be snarky or anything(noooooooo), but to achieve absolute parity, they should REQUIRE restaurants that serve "ethnic" food to offer alternatives, so as not to exhibit a bias on account of race or ethnic background.. For instance, a "Mexican Food" place should be required to also serve spaghetti and fried chicken, so as not to offend people of Italian and um, well anyone who--on account of their ethnicity, consumes a lot of fried chicken. Also, it raises the question of religious discrimination. A pizza parlor should be prepared to serve a Kosher Menu, in case they are obliged to cater at a Bar Mitzvah or something; and likewise, they need to have a vegetarian menu, in case it's a Seventh Day Adventist Wedding. They'll just have to be able to accommodate everyone, since you won't be allowed to turn them down. See?
    Well, it doesn't really work that way, does it. But then maybe you wanted to trot out that straw man anyway to see if he can make it around the track.

No one is being forced to do anything THEY DON'T ALREADY DO. See, that's the difference. They make pizzas. That's their business. If they don't have vegetarian pizza then no one will 'force' them to make one. So, sorry that argument doesn't hold water.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I also agree that wanting to be treated fairly and equally is a worthy agenda, I'd just add that wanting to live your life according to your conscience and beliefs is equally worthy. I find it amazing that there is a need for laws such as RFRA to prevent it's criminalization.
    Yeah, it's a real shame that people can't just do whatever they want whenever they want. Damn this civilized society!

It's interesting that this Indiana law "that doesn't discriminate" is in the process of having a bucket of items added that the law can't be used for. Including how this pizza place used this law.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6992184.html

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Yeah, it's a real shame that people can't just do whatever they want whenever they want. Damn this civilized society!
    Hey Peg, not to quibble but I think you spelled fascist wrong.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Well, if making pizza 'violates' their conscience, then perhaps they shouldn't be IN the pizza making business. KWIM?
    And, last i checked, a pizza ins't a sacrament, so they really aren't being asked to 'celebrating' a wedding/funeral/whatever by baking a cheese pizza.
    Pizza isn't a sacrament?

Pizza isn't a sacrament?
    Some places, and to Some People it sure IS. I know of a littlebitty insignificant town, waaaay up north, out in the middle O' nowhere........

I really wonder how often a gay couple would even ask a pizza place to cater their wedding...I mean really....just sayin'.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Hey Peg, not to quibble but I think you spelled fascist wrong.
    Why thank you Alan. Not being a right wing republican, I'm not used to spelling that word.

Pizza isn't a sacrament?
    ((shhh..) I just said that for the sake of argument.

Thread Information