Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: killing

sounds good y'all. We have invited some folks out to fish. Problem is, they all just want to catch the 'big one' and then release it. I actually thought of the boy scout thing. They need to take them away though. That's the thing. No one wants to take them away. Some friends last year did get some for their lake, but only about a dozen. maybe I'll check with them again. I did get one suggestion which I think is brilliant. There is a wildlife sanctuary nearby and this person suggested calling them to see if they want some fish for their raptors/raccoons/skunks, etc...
    Thanks everyone.

A drought was convenient for ridding my over stocked pond of large mouth bass.

But if can't order one of those you could try using them for fish meal on your lawn and/or garden.

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    I did get one suggestion which I think is brilliant. There is a wildlife sanctuary nearby and this person suggested calling them to see if they want some fish for their raptors/raccoons/skunks, etc...
    Thanks everyone.
    That is a great idea. I know our local tiger sanctuary is always looking for fresh chicken and other locally raised meat donations. Takes a lot of lbs of meat to feed them every day.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by The Storyteller View Post
    A drought was convenient for ridding my over stocked pond of large mouth bass.

But if can't order one of those you could try using them for fish meal on your lawn and/or garden.
    Actually we did have a terrible drought a few years ago, maybe that's the one your talking about. The back fen did dry up to about 1/8 acre. The fish pond, however, didn't come near drying up. It did go down several feet but it's quite deep and about an acre so not really affected. That was an awful drought!

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    That is a great idea. I know our local tiger sanctuary is always looking for fresh chicken and other locally raised meat donations. Takes a lot of lbs of meat to feed them every day.
    This place has some big cats too but I'm not sure they would eat fish. maybe. Who knows!

My little porch cat sure goes crazy over tuna so I think big cats would eat fish if given the opportunity.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Thread Information