Thread: and what is sad

and what is sad

as my supervisor left after a really terrible site visit (we have awesome programming btw) i told her one of my camp plans and added that i had wanted to talk to her about it that day. did i mention she was 40 minutes late?

i went to an inclusivity in summer programming meeting/training this week. i was with people from the mayor's commissions in this field! i was so excited because i am doing some outreach to 2-3 families whose children need extra support. i told K this on her way out the door and she reminds me that i don't have the funds, see that is the awesome thing i wanted to talk to her about. there is funding for this specifically and i need to apply quickly. i would only need an extra staff person for 20 hours a week times the 6 weeks total of summer camp. no additional bussing costs or services.

dang it, i need to work on that

Zoe, it seems like the higher-ups in your field are very focused on funding. Maybe you could craft your communications to lead with that--instead of "Let's plan for more inclusivity" perhaps start with: "There is funding available from X source that will pay for us to bring in x number of special needs kids, and our costs won't increase."

good idea, i told another person, the grants manager, and she seemed very excited. i wanted to make sure i was not stepping on any toes grant wise by seeking additional funding.

Thread Information