Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Random Acts of Kindness - Given or Received

Yesterday I saw a fairly large turtle in the middle of the road, who was at great risk of getting hit by a car. I picked him/her up and moved him to the grass and pointed him towards the pond.

Also, someone knocked down a row of those free newsstand/real estate guide/Pennysaver machines a few days ago. No one had stood them back up (except the one that sold the local paper), so I picked them all up to tidy up the neighborhood a little.

A random act of kindness received recently was that a lovely family we don't know left a sweet little Purim basket on our doorstep. I know it was a family because they left a note saying "Happy Purim! From Suri, David, Eva and Adam" and their last name. I still don't know who these people are, but am very touched!

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    Yesterday I saw a fairly large turtle in the middle of the road, who was at great risk of getting hit by a car. I picked him/her up and moved him to the grass and pointed him towards the pond.

Also, someone knocked down a row of those free newsstand/real estate guide/Pennysaver machines a few days ago. No one had stood them back up (except the one that sold the local paper), so I picked them all up to tidy up the neighborhood a little.

A random act of kindness received recently was that a lovely family we don't know left a sweet little Purim basket on our doorstep. I know it was a family because they left a note saying "Happy Purim! From Suri, David, Eva and Adam" and their last name. I still don't know who these people are, but am very touched!
    How nice, both what you have done and what you have received! Random acts of kindness are such wonderful things and I am sorry to say that for the most part I forget to do any unless I have kind of planned to. The spontaneous ones are really the best though. Maybe today I will look for an opportunity to do a random act of kindness due to your influence Selah!
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Thread Information