Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Level of Challenge at Your Job

Quote Originally Posted by RosieTR View Post
    As for jumping ship vs staying for the meltdown, RedFox, I'd start looking if I were you. If you do work stuff out with your boss, what have you lost by fishing around? If, OTOH, the ship starts clearly sinking and you haven't been looking it may be much more stressful.
    Sent in a resume today, & I've alerted my network, so suggestions are coming in. And, things feel a bit better at work. Next week, boss on vaca. Week after, me on vaca. Two weeks w/no boss around!

diane
    I've only been in my current job about 3 months, and am already looking for a new job due to boredom and frustration. My boss is a nice guy and well-meaning, but has limited experience with the functions we are supposed to be performing. He's close to retirement and kind of burnt out. So, we're just going through the motions. There's not enough work for me to do, and the work he does give me is pointless and far below my skill level. I was so bored, and asked if I could work part time. He agreed, so that's cool. Now I'm looking for another job (part time) where I feel like I'm contributing to something a little more meaningful. In the meantime, I'm grateful to have a paycheck and I love working only 3 days per week, and spending the 2 extra days outside in my garden or walking my dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Would you say the challenges in your job are A) too much and you're overwhelmed B) just right or C) not enough and you're bored out of your skull?
    A = 80% of the time.
    the rest is B

I'm a nurse manager. I get bored easily. So A is good if it's about 50% of the time. Lately it has been a little much ....

Reading through some of these actually makes me very appreciative of my job, even though it doesn't really allow me to exercise my brain! We are well staffed and the managers allow a lot of flexibility in terms of leave and that kind of thing. It is certainly the first job I've had where managers seriously take into account the fact that we have a life outside of our jobs and where profit isn't the only goal.

Thread Information