Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: American Association Of Flag Burners...

American Association Of Flag Burners...

Hi, everybody. I would like to be involved in an organization, just for the heck of it. The fellowship, the camaraderie, and all that crud. I live in the Bible Belt, where there are prolly two or three churches on every block--littlebittychurches, great big churches, in-between churches. Churches Galore. But see---church isn't my cup o' tea. So, I was thinking about starting my own organization---starting initially on Facebook, and see if it catches on. The Principal Belief that underlies my motivating concept is that--I really dislike people who make a huge deal of being patriotic. It is as annoying as people who mow too much--maybe moreso. So, what my organization will be called is "The American Flag Burners Association". We will hold meetings, and ceremoniously burn flags. Usually USA flags, but sometimes Canadian, Mexican, and French Flags. We will prolly burn North Korean Flags, too. Just whatever is appropriate for the occasion. But mostly--Old Glory. I do hope you kids will join my new organization. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Hey Packy, I'm not quite following you here. My contempt for organized religion knows no bounds, and patriotism isn't one of my chief self-identifiers, but I'm not really up for burning flags either. Couldn't we just burn some pizzas instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Hey Packy, I'm not quite following you here. My contempt for organized religion knows no bounds, and patriotism isn't one of my chief self-identifiers, but I'm not really up for burning flags either. Couldn't we just burn some pizzas instead?
    old cars. I want an annual event where we get all riled up with mystical feelings, we speak in tongues,and we burn old cars.we dance around them as they burn.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    old cars. I want an annual event where we get all riled up with mystical feelings, we speak in tongues,and we burn old cars.we dance around them as they burn.
    But only Packards and Studebakers, since they shared components. Well, we could add AMC's too just for variety.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    But only Packards and Studebakers, since they shared components. Well, we could add AMC's too just for variety.
    oh but no Gremlins, they would be exempt. Can't burn a Gremlin, thet must all go to Mexico to be saved!

The cartoon character on greeting cards, "Maxine" (ergo the artist), said "If you MUST burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first."

There are two organizations that I know burn flags in the USA: The VFW and the Boy Scouts. Then there are things like protesters or groups like Isis, which might be more up to your speed, as they complain about what others do and think.

Well, okay then. I take your responses to mean that you kids are not interested. I been thinking about leasing a large vacant building, hauling in dirt, and making an indoor mowing track. That way, obsessive mowers will have a place where they can mow, day in, day out, hour after hour, week after week, month after month. Even in winter or otherwise inclement weather. I might make it a 24-hour facility, so that obsessive mowers with insomnia or who are Early birds can go in, at any hour, and mow like crazy without bothering anyone. See? Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    So, what components did they share? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    So, what components did they share? Just curious.
    Most, in later models. Packard bought Studebaker in the early 50's and many of their subsequent models shared body's, interiors (with minor modifications) and engines/drivetrains. I believe the Packard Clipper may have been sold under both nameplates and the entire Packard lineup in their last few years of operation were re-branded Studebakers.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information