Thread: Quick dry undies?

Quick dry undies?

I'm going to be doing a bit of traveling and wondered if anyone had invested in quick drying under-garments. The most popular seem to be Ex Officio - and at $20 a pop, they are an investment. I'm wondering if the fabric is comfortable and truly quick drying?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

You can get microfiber or nylon underwear at Target for about $10 for 3 pair or thereabouts. I wear these daily and they do dry overnight or some.

Yes, the ex-Officio are comfortable and quick drying (a couple of hours) but they are pricey. I've had mine for years, but then again, I only use them for travel, not every day.

I wear the ex-officio for everyday and love them. They have held up well and dry quickly. Yes they are pricey but they have lasted a very long time. And thankfully my mother sends us REI gifts cards so that helps

They are on sale eight now at REI: http://www.rei.com/b/exofficio/c/wom...t-conversion-5

My husband swears by them. He takes them on every trip. Quick wash in the sink, hang and dry in a flash.

I have never heard of these...are they all cotton? What type of material. Are they made of? Chris

They are nylon and spandex, but they are breathable and the fabric feels nice.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

I have a couple of pair of ExOfficio that I mostly wear during the warm or hot months, especially while hiking. They are cool and comfortable and dry quickly, but seem to wear a little more quickly than cotton. They are nice, but I'm not so sure I will replace them when the finally wear out.

After you wash in the sink, simply lay your underthings on a towel and roll it up. Wring well then unroll and hang. They are almost dry right away but will certainly be dry by morning.

Thread Information