Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: goat kidded this afternoon

goat kidded this afternoon

we got a boy and a girl - perfect since i wanted one bucklng out of this doe for breeding. so far I'm on a roll. total of 5 girls and 1 boy with one more doe to kid.

I'll probably jinx myself by saying that and get triplet bucklings.

Congrats on the roll of the dice so far. Are they milk, meat, or pets?

so far milk and breeding stock. any additional boys will be someone else's breeding stock, meat, or pets. They're dairy breed goats.

Was raised with goats as a child and drank goats milk -- the best milk in the world. I envy you, but can't have them in our subdivision home. eh

Congratulations! Sounds like you are having fun!

I think goats are adorable and since we own 20 acres have often considered getting some. Then I remember how much work livestock is (I grew up on a dairy farm) and I decide against getting goats. Maybe when I'm finally truly retired and have given up some of my other hobbies I'll get goats...
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Congrats chicken lady! Sounds like you're a goat lady too!

Not much cuter than new baby goats. I got to see some brand new ones the other day and just wanted to take them home. Always wanted to try goats when growing up on the farm but we did sheep. Sheep are stupid.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

cdttmm, definitely work, but I love my goats and they fit my lifestyle. My bil once looked at me and said "You can't go anywhere because you have goats!" and I said "No, I don't want to go anywhere, so I have goats."

Now and then they are inconvenient, but mostly not. and I'm seasonal, there are weeks in the winter when the only thing that gets me out of bed is knowing the goats need to be milked.

One off dd's friend's was here holding the babies last night and she said "I'm stealing this one." and I said "Ok, but she'll need to be bottlefed every two hours around the clock." and the friend said "I'll just put her back here with her mommy."

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Not much cuter than new baby goats. I got to see some brand new ones the other day and just wanted to take them home. Always wanted to try goats when growing up on the farm but we did sheep. Sheep are stupid.
    Kittens. The only thing cuter than baby goats.

here is my list of cute baby animals, on order of cuteness

kittens
    baby goats
    baby rabbits
    (quite a few steps down)
    ducklings
    puppies

Oh, no, no, cocker spaniel puppies are the cutest baby animals! lol

Goats are pretty darn cute, though. There's a family near here who raises goats and takes them around the county to be the brush-eaters. I took my youngest grandson over the other night to see the new babies. Right now they are getting worried about how to feed them all (about 60) all summer; with no rain this year there is not much brush or grass growth, i.e. no work or food for goats.

Thread Information