Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elizabeth Smart Back In The News......

Thank you Rodeosweetheart. I think you summed it up perfectly.

Prolly--and this scenario is pure conjecture on my part--prolly, next time she's in the news, she will have a dozen kids, be a 300-lb foodie & religious zealot, and have long since kicked her husband to the curb. It will be the subject of a new Hollyweird Reality Series. See, she'll be shacking in the mansion she bought (with all the donations that came in from symps) along with none other than the perv who kidnapped her, having secured his release from prison. Of course, they'll have yet another baaaaybeeee(quintuplets) on the way. Or something equally perverse. Just betcha. But, we will have to accept it as "normal", or be called a "hater". After all--what's wrong with True Love between consenting adults? Hope I didn't overstate my case, but it does happen. On Tee-Vee, anyhow. Thankk Mee, anyway.
    Last edited by Packy; 6-3-15 at 11:24am.

Please stop, just stop! It's one thing to debate the issues but to make one young woman the object of speculation is despicable. Kindly just let this thread stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Radicchio View Post
    Please stop, just stop! It's one thing to debate the issues but to make one young woman the object of speculation is despicable. Kindly just let this thread stop now.
    Rad, with all due respect, it is that "one young woman" that is making herself the object of speculation. Your suggestion is what is otherwise known as "political correctness". I refer to it as: See no weirdness, hear no weirdness, speak no weirdness. That way, it will be considered "normal". Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

and maybe she is showing others that have been through horrific things that there is a life beyond bad things. that a perfectly normal life being married and having a baby is possible for many people who have been abused. is there any way for her to show other people that she is okay so that they know they can be okay without having lots of rude people assume the worst of her.

i am going to assume the best, that she has been healing and she is happy and many others can see that as encouragement for themselves!

Z/G--That is very plausible. Hopefully, that is precisely the case. But, prolly not. Everyone knows that there are very, very few normal wimmin out there these days, & certainly not this girl. Not after all that. Okay, since you kids are trying to dodge the issue and minimize all this tantalizing, lurid stuff, let me restart the conversation by shifting the focus to the current Tee-Vee Duggar Sexual Molestation Scandal. See, they had enough kids, and pyramiding the premise with coverage of the next generation just wasn't going to cut it in the ratings wars. So, to juice it up and add interest--why not some sexual improprieties, there? Honey Boo Boo was doing that stuff, and of course--look at them Kartrashians and the Jender-Bender Spin-off! So, the Duggars can't sustain interest in the show with being goody-goody and wholesome weirdness-----got to have some deviance. So, what is you kidses' opinion? Don't let me down with some mealy-mouthed hear-no-evil response, either. Be cynical. Thank you, and Thankk Mee. Edited to add: Big Al, the White Knight, told me to edit this to satisfy the whiners here, but I will not. Every word is true, whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Packy; 6-4-15 at 6:47pm.

Thread closed because, well, it simply should be.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information