Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airline Travel is No Fun

I also drove from Raleigh, NC to Indy today, and the rest of the way home tomorrow. I did this to avoid flying. But boy, am I beat.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Agree with you all.
    My favorite story was a cruise ship that broke down a few years ago and it took them a while to get into port with poor electric and plumbing problems. One passenger complained they had no diapers for her baby for days. Idiot. Who travels with a baby and does not bring one and a half times the food, diapers, wipes and clothes you think you will need.

Buy your own coke before you board the plane if you want to be sure to get a whole can. If you buy it post tsa checkpoint they don"t care what you bring on. What they should do is not serve anything on shorter flights and require you to buy exactly what you want in the airport if you want something. occasionally you have a tight connection so they could offer food and drinks for sale. I see lots of business flyers buying box meals on jet blue. Not my cup of tea, but you gotta do what you gotta do on the road. Would cut down on a lot of aisle traffic.

personal responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I also drove from Raleigh, NC to Indy today, and the rest of the way home tomorrow. I did this to avoid flying. But boy, am I beat.
    I usually drive to Colorado to visit my mother-in-law, instead of flying. It's a bit longer time-wise, but in so many ways much more relaxing. It's about 1500 miles, but you can make some darned-good time on the northern route. I did make a wrong turn early in the morning once near Billings, and ended up in North Dakota, but that could have happened to anyone.

I recognized this one:

7. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
    I think that may have been my wife.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Lol. I was particularly taken with 12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

My favorite: 7. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax." I can just imagine how upset the husband was at this...

We fly everywhere. We are going to St. Louis next week, and maybe Chicago. We also have several more trips planned this summer. No way I would drive that far, it just takes to much time. And I love flying anyway, I generally go up at least every two weeks. Last trip was Key West, it's a hour flight compared to a 5 hour drive, we just went for the day.

You should buy yourself a plane Bae. I've thought about volunteering for the medical flights, but I'm concerned about the liabilities should something happen. I do fly friends and family though.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    personal responsibility.
    What's that?
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

I will never fly in a prop plane. My dad was the only survivor out of 10 passengers in a small commercial plane and his partner was killed in another Cessna accident. Of course, we all lived in Alaska and there are a lot of flights and use of small planes. (One bush pilot forgot to pick them up and only was reminded he had left a group on a mountain when Mom called him and asked him where her husband was.)

Funniest story was of an 80 year old who was rescued from his crashed plane. He said he "probably" would not rebuild this one. This was his third crash and he might not survive the next one. Alaskans are very hardy.

Thread Information