Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

Of the 1%, by the 1%, for the 1%

I agree. If our economic strategies here in the U.S. are working so well, where are the jobs? Why is the economy still floundering? If capitalism and trickle down economics work well, why are jobs being outsourced? Why aren't corporations hiring? With taxes to the rich and big corporations at an all-time low, they ain't hurtin'.

http://www.vanityfair.com/society/fe...percent-201105

"Economists long ago tried to justify the vast inequalities that seemed so troubling in the mid-19th century—inequalities that are but a pale shadow of what we are seeing in America today. The justification they came up with was called “marginal-productivity theory.” In a nutshell, this theory associated higher incomes with higher productivity and a greater contribution to society. It is a theory that has always been cherished by the rich. Evidence for its validity, however, remains thin."

So go out and make your own job.

If growth continues, the jobless rate will fall. Note the jobs report which came out today.

http://money.msn.com/market-news/pos...0-a9423c6c9112

the link didn't work, aginghippie, but I loved the Vanity Fair error message:

"ERROR.....we don't know if it's your fault or ours, so let's just agree to blame the computer, shall we?"

Thanks for the link. Interesting and frightening.

Depressing!!!

Bae-There will always be those who are best at being cogs in a wheel; not everyone has the mental resources to be an entrepreneur.

You mean your not getting your Obama bucks?

Fiscal Conservatives

It is amazing how the fiscal conservatives are arguing about how to cut less than 1% of the federal deficit. It's like "arguing about the bar tab on the Titanic!"

It is all phoney baloney - we love to talk about austerity, self-sufficiency, cutting government but in reality its over - no matter the political party in power, it will not solve the spending problems in this global economy. I think the only thing we will ever see is a bi-partisan agreement to push it off to the future. 10-15 years ahead in order for us to "gear up" or "make the change".

We are all spoiled rotten rats in a cage. It will be interesting to see how our so-called fiscal conservatism works out. Tell the kids to mow the grass, walk home from school, forget about the designer jeans and shoes and even, god forbid, go without the latest tech gadget! So they can do their friggin' homework without the distraction of facebook and twitter.

I think this push for "local" is bogus but maybe just all becoming employees of the gooberment is the answer. They have good pensions, good benefits, and are laughing all the way to the bank.

Local - heck, if I endorsed "local Texas" I might as well take my brain out and play with it!

It's over - party like it's 1999!

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagman View Post
    It is amazing how the fiscal conservatives are arguing about how to cut less than 1% of the federal deficit. It's like "arguing about the bar tab on the Titanic!"
    Agreed. Let's start by cutting the military budget 90%, and see where that gets us.

I'm busy looking for housing in Colombia, Dubai, the Azores, and Iceland.

Thread Information