Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your flower beds, what's up?

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Sideways maypop passion vine, host plant for zebra longwings butterfly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love passion flowers!!!!!! They look exotic yet they seem to be so hardy! We've got one at our community garden which no one really cares for, and each year it blooms.

i am so embarrassed to say that I ordered a Passion flower vine this year, put it in the ground, and then promptly forgot it was there. I sprayed I with Roundup because it looked like a weird weed. Ugh. My head is with lilies and iris, and apparently I can't be a flower mom to anything else.

rodeosweetheart
    Flowers, the photos are wonderful, thank you!
    We are blessed right now with a family of bluebirds nesting in our yard. You can hear the tiny ones chirping if you incline your ear, but I try to stay out of their way, and keep the dog out of their way, as they are right there in the garden.
    They are lovely company.

Sounds beautiful rodeosweetheart! Gardens seems to attract birds. I have orioles who visit mine regularly. Their colors are gorgeous! I planted sunflowers for the finches. Yellow seems to attract yellow birds.

Sounds so nice rodeo and awakened...flowers I have seen the Passion flower in catalogues...it is very unique looking. I think it comes in a few different colors?

One year I looked out at my bird feeder where there was also a birdbath there, and there were six bluejays there feeding, it was such a pretty sight although those birds are so territorial. We have a few different types of birds here, I hear them all chirp in the morning when they wake up. So very nice to hear them...

This is my garden at home. It doesn't get a lot of sun, but it gets enough to grow decent oriental-trumpet lilies. And white bulldogs, haha.

Sorry, I haven't been able to figure out why some of the photos I post are sideways. Maybe someone has a trick to share to fix this.

Attached Images Attached Images

Lovely! That's a particularly spectacular collection of hosts lounging next to the retaining wall. And the bulldog is first rate!

Yep, I've been selecting hostas for the past few years and now my collection is complete. I buy them from the local Hosta society and also make a few mail orders from specialty nurseries.

I never really liked hostas until recently when I had to use them because our garden is growing more shady as the trees grow bigger. But three trees nay come down into the next year, leaving us with more sunshine. It will be good for growing lilies and iris, but bad fir the hostas.

rodeosweetheart
    It's funny what we like more as we grow older--I used to dislike daylilies and now I am excitedly growing them from seed.

That is a gorgeous bulldog, and a gorgeous lily--lovely, lovely photo.

Quote Originally Posted by rodeosweetheart View Post
    It's funny what we like more as we grow older--I used to dislike daylilies and now I am excitedly growing them from seed.

That is a gorgeous bulldog, and a gorgeous lily--lovely, lovely photo.
    so, are younhybridizing daylilies, then? Growing your own varieties?

I haven't grown lilies from seed but want to try it.

Thread Information