Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last day at work tomorrow, returning to the US on June 27th

Hooray! Enjoy Seattle...the UW is my parents' alma mater and the city of my birth. Let us know when you're up for receiving private messages from people (like me!) who would love to meet you IRL. I live in Bellingham, now. Safe and pleasant journey!

Good luck to you and your whole family on this new phase of life. Very glad for you that you now have the time to recuperate on all levels from what you have been going through. Hope you enjoy your new adventure! Christine

Thank you for the update. Sounds like you're in for an interesting time. Hope it goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I would love to get together for coffee next time I'm down South in Seattle and hear your tale!
    That would be great, bae! I may also make it up to the San Juans at some point.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Girl View Post
    i have been waiting to hear when the transition would take place, happy to be much closer now. hope we will hear more about transitioning to not working and being in the us
    I'll let you know if/when I'm heading your direction. Not sure if I'll make it this summer/fall, but I hope so.
    "Seek out habits that help you overcome fear or inertia. Destroy those that do the opposite." Seth Godin

You will have an interesting perspective on the situation in China that I would love to hear about at some point. Is all of China on the same mindset as outlined in our media or just individual provinces depending on the leadership in control. So many questions like that...
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Woohoo!! Very exciting. I hope you enjoy the time you've made for yourself. It's great seeing all those years of work pay off with the ability to choose how to spend your time.

Wonderful news, lhamo. Good for you for persevering and getting your life in balance, and for your son's educational opportunity. You'll have to let us know how the transition goes.

Wishing you and your family all the best in this new phase!

So glad that you are getting needed time off. Have fun!!

Thread Information