Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bernie Sanders

Wow--final tally 28,000--Portland isn't that big a city.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...campaign-says/

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Wow--final tally 28,000--Portland isn't that big a city.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...campaign-says/
    He seems to be confining himself to prog-friendly cities like Madison, Portland and Seattle. That's probably a sound strategy early on, especially for raising funds. Ultimately, however, elections aren't won in Berkeley, Brattleboro or Boulder.

At this point, so early in the campaign process, it makes sense that he's working to build enthusiasm among supporters. Especially as the media continues to be ready to coronate Hillary. Of course, eight years ago they were also ready to coronate her... Time will tell whether he can expand his support beyond middle class white folks to the minorities he'll need to become the nominee.

It'll be interesting to see whether his upcoming event at Liberty University inspires more interest than Ted Cruz's event there.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    They seemed to shut him down the first day in Seattle, and he made some appeasing gestures the next day and was allowed to proceed unmolested.
    It's a shame he felt it necessary to leave the event in Seattle. It doesn't give me much confidence in his ability to respond to pressure.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It's a shame he felt it necessary to leave the event in Seattle. It doesn't give me much confidence in his ability to respond to pressure.
    He was the last speaker at a rally celebrating the 80th anniversary of Social Security; it wasn't his event to control.

I wonder about who is running security for him, so I do wonder about his campaign organization. Have some bouncers guard the stage. But no it does not give me any lack of confidence in his personal ability to respond to pressure. He responded to it as best as he could with grace and dignity. Bernie is the man!

He could have taken the bait, tried to out-scream the "activists", but this would have been used against him. If he knew when to hold them and when to fold them how would he have acted any differently?

He was the last speaker at a rally celebrating the 80th anniversary of Social Security; it wasn't his event to control.
    That's what so tragic about the whole thing. Much of the Dem party has been trying to gut Social Security for awhile (much? At any rate Obama with his Grand Bargain etc.). Hillary will probably continue this. Meanwhile Bernie Sanders is probably one of the best bets not to continue it. But what do "black lives matter" activists do? Disrupt a Bernie rally at an event celebrating Social Security. Gah do these people really want their movement blamed when old folks lose their social security?

It's quite possible if not working for the opposition, they are just opportunists, they pick the weakest link. Would their "protest" get past Hillary's security? Unlikely. Would it be tolerated at a Trump rally? No way. So they go pick on someone who might actually be a decent person, because it's the quickest route to their 15 minutes of fame (for their cause if we are charitable). Meanwhile maybe Hillary will do what Obama has been wanting to forever and cut Social Security.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I read that he stayed for 20 minutes before leaving, and that was when those running the event decided to shut it down.
    Rebecca

Saddle up my traveling shoes, I'm bound to walk away these blues.

Thread Information