Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do any of you use Everydollar.com by Dave Ramsey?

The more I use everydollar.com, the more I like it. I'm in the habit now of keeping my receipts in my wallet, and entering the totals into the categories when I get home. This month I spent a lot on my dogs. I had to buy more of their flea and tick medicine, and one of my dogs needed to see the vet. I've also got money set aside for a pet sitter during my trip. I've been able to spend a lot less on food this month. There's plenty of variety in my stockpile, and I've been buying fruit dirt cheap at Vallarta. It's really helping me to know exactly where I am with my budget, each day. I think I may be able to start living on $1,000. a month, if I stay disciplined.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    This thread prompted me to pull up a couple of Dave talks on YouTube. I honestly expected to loathe him, but i was pleasantly surprised. I prefer my financial philosophy sans scripture, but he said a lot of good stuff, so I'll give credit where it's due and acknowledge that he is adding value in the personal finance arena. For some people the religious element might add value, but it's just not for me.
    The whole religious thing is what annoys me, and I once asked if they provided any classes at non religious institutions. (not the only one who feels this way) It subtracts value.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I tried out EveryDollar, but my complaint is that you have to set up the original budget on a regular computer and there isn't an iPad version. The website doesn't work in iPad. There's an iPhone app, but only for on the go adding of spending. I don't budget per month. I've always budgeted per paycheck (twice per month), and so the monthly thing really doesn't work for me.
    For a website to NOT work on an IPAD, makes me wonder what it uses, and why isn't it a standards based site? May have issues with my choice of OS, then, not to mention having issues with personal information being out there on the net (security verses others being allowed access for marketing, etc).

[QUOTE=ToomuchStuff;206443]The whole religious thing is what annoys me, and I once asked if they provided any classes at non religious institutions. (not the only one who feels this way) It subtracts value.

The everydollar.com doesn't have any of the religion. It's just a budgeting tool. Since I still use a home computer, it works for me. Most people seem do seem to use ipads now, though. ( I think they were developing this system before ipads become so popular.) I have a used mini ipad, but I still like sitting at my desk, looking out at my garden, and typing on a keyboard.

I don't listen for the religious lessons. I like to hear how he applies his formulas to each family's personal finances. I didn't take Financial Peace University, I just checked out The Total Money Makeover from the library. It got me out of debt very quickly. The everydollar.com is helping me so spend less and save more. I was just curious if anyone else here is using it. My understanding is that YNAB has a fee. I like that everydollar is free.

Well, the IPad issue seems to be resolved. I was able to work on a budget just fine a few minutes ago. Maybe they resolved the problems I had at the beginning. Then graphics would be elsewhere on the screen than on the computer, would float in weird places if you know what I mean.

Really? You can do it on an ipad now? That's good news. I thought you had to set it up on our regular computer and then download the free app to your iphone. Let us know how you like it. I thought there would be more people here using it. I just listened to his podcast while I was knitting. He said there are almost half a million people signed up now. I wonder where they are...(?)

I always wonder about the food storage way of doing things. I just don't have a lot of stuff in store that I use regularly enough to make that work. But if I did, I still wonder if I could make it work.

Thread Information