Thread: Hello!

Hello!

My name is Francine, I'm 45, DS just graduated HS, DD will be a junior. I am a single mom.
    I worked for the same company for 5 days short of 23 years. I was an oncology nurse, a home care nurse and for the last ten years, I was a hospice nurse. I loved that job with all my heart! Plan was to continue working for this company until retirement.

I prepared myself well for retirement but failed to look at other things that could ruin my plan. I became quite ill in Sept, it's now July, I finally agreed to apply for SSDI. I HATE that, it feels like I'm conceding to never being a nurse again.

I have wasted so many months worrying about what my financial picture will eventually look like, knowing it will be very small. When I should be working as hard as I can to help myself get well. Familiar with the simplicity trend that happened in the 90s, I liked that so I'm hoping to try it again, now when I need it most.

feel free to let me know if this doesn't seem like the place for me!

Hi freshstart, I think this is exactly the place for you. Welcome aboard.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

yes a good place, so many different perspectives should help your situation a lot plus we are pretty nice and friendly

I agree with FloatOn and ZoeGirl--we are a motley bunch, but we all have a common vision for a simple life. Welcome!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome! I just had 2 sons graduate high school. We sold our business and are trying to learn to live on 1/2 what we use to make. Just jump in to any conversation. There is something new here daily.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

thank you for you kind "welcomes"!

Welcome! You are in the exact right place!

Welcome! Looking forward to your input, questions, and ideas.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hi fresh start...this is a great place to find great aspects of a simple living lifestyle!

Hello freshstart! And welcome to the Simple Living forums. This is one of my favorite places to hang out online. Hope you find that to be true as well!!!
    The brain is wider than the sky. -- Emily Dickinson

Thread Information