Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Very new to this forum; from Ohio; looking to connect with other simplicity folks.

Kestra:

Women living in vans are adventurous. Men living in vans are creepers. haha

Thanks for the insights into the fishing up there. I'd like to move to Canada, but I think I am too old, too unskilled, and too American.

-Jake

Quote Originally Posted by UltraliteAngler View Post
    Kestra:

Women living in vans are adventurous. Men living in vans are creepers. haha

Thanks for the insights into the fishing up there. I'd like to move to Canada, but I think I am too old, too unskilled, and too American.

-Jake
    Not necessarily creepy. Check out this blog: http://www.tosimplify.net/
    It's one of my all time favourites. It's about a guy who lives in a van. He's one of my Simple Living heroes. He wrote about his transition from "normal" life to van life. That part is really interesting. To find that part, click on the link to the old site: 1.0, then at the bottom there's an archive listing. If you're looking for a lot of reading I highly recommend starting at the beginning. It's really useful and inspiring information for van living in the US.

Kestra:

I was mostly joking about male vandwellers. I support that lifestyle and I'd like to try it someday.

I am familiar with that blog! It is a good one.

You've seen Without Bounds, right? The documentary on vandwelling? It is pretty good.

I just read on your blog that you have seen Without Bounds. haha

Welcome Jake,
    I'm not one of the more extreme SLers, but I have certainly simplified a bit from where I used to be. I've learned a lot from the generous-spirited people on this Forum, and I think it's one of the finest places on the internet. Berries and fish are two of my very favorite things. Welcome!

welcome ultralite and hello.
    I could do the van dwelling or a tiny 10ft canned ham style camper, I'm always watching videos about it. My husband, not so much. I can't even get him to go camping with me anymore...and he claimed he loved camping when we were dating 26 years ago.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

rosarugosa:

Thank you for the kind welcome.

Thanks.

It can certainly be tricky when one spouse is a SLer and the other is not. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post
    Not necessarily creepy. Check out this blog: http://www.tosimplify.net/
    It's one of my all time favourites. It's about a guy who lives in a van. He's one of my Simple Living heroes. He wrote about his transition from "normal" life to van life. That part is really interesting. To find that part, click on the link to the old site: 1.0, then at the bottom there's an archive listing. If you're looking for a lot of reading I highly recommend starting at the beginning. It's really useful and inspiring information for van living in the US.
    Just needed to say that I started reading this and it's killing me! My Van-fatuation is back in full swing and every likely vehicle I pass on the road gives me the butterflies. Sigh ... it's nice to be in love, even if it's destined to remain unrequited for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Just needed to say that I started reading this and it's killing me! My Van-fatuation is back in full swing and every likely vehicle I pass on the road gives me the butterflies. Sigh ... it's nice to be in love, even if it's destined to remain unrequited for a while.
    Ha ha. I'm glad you posted. This is so where I'm at right now. I saw an RV van in the Walmart parking lot, then saw the same one at a nearby Starbucks. I felt like a stalker, but I wasn't stalking the occupant precisely, just the van.

And I have my travel plans for next spring figured out as I plan to hit the Edmonton RV show, then the Vancouver RV show the following weekend (visiting family in both places as well). I think I need to go to bigger cities for better van selection.

Plus most of my goals right now have something to do with living in a van. Make X amount of money = van plan reward. Get rid of stuff to prepare for van living. Plan meals and laundry schedule for van. Keep in touch with people with country property in order to have van parking.

Obsessions are fun.

Thread Information