Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coworker approached me about minimalism!

I wanted my last car to the last car I ever owned and wanted it to get to 500,000 miles. Unfortunately, another driver did a hit and run and a semi did the rest. Car is in car heaven now. So I have to start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I wanted my last car to the last car I ever owned and wanted it to get to 500,000 miles. Unfortunately, another driver did a hit and run and a semi did the rest. Car is in car heaven now. So I have to start all over again.
    Whoa! Scary.

I'd like to go car-free. But I am just not ready to make the jump.

yea, hubby was hit in the rear passenger corner by another car rushing up an interstate ramp and trying to merge. Just like on TV, it threw the our car sideways right into the path of a semi tractor trailer unit on an interstate at 50+miles per hour. Thankfully (or husband would be dead) the semi pushed the Honda upright a good bit until the semi could stop. The car that started it all was a hit and run. Our Hoosier Helper mobile car repair changed the tire and hubby limped home. The driver of the semi saw no obvious damage on his unit so he went on his way. Car was totalled since the whole driver side was pushed in and who knows what damage was done to the suspension.

Not the first time a Honda has saved husband. Someone tried to do a Uturn on a hiway in the rain in the dark and husband could not see him. Totalled that Honda too without damage to husband.

I now drive as little as possible and try to time my outings to quiet traffic times, like Sunday morning.

Thread Information